No announcement yet.

DC Journey to the stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the email from my coach... making some subtle changes. I've gotten a bit too fluffy which i knew... so we've upped the protein and backed the carbs down a bit. Also changed the cardio from 5% incline to 7%... didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but dang you can tell a difference!!! I'm excited to see how my body changes. No cheat meals for the next 2 check-ins just to see how my body will respond.

I'm headed out of town to Nashville this weekend, so spent all of last night prepping my food ahead of time. And at the risk of sounding soft, i have to give major props to my girl for being so cool about me bringing all my food with me and not indulging in the amazing bbq down there. We'll certainly go out, but i'll just bring my food with me. Those little sacrifices are often overlooked. I'm telling you fellas if you have a girl who puts up with our lifestyle, do yourselves a favor and make sure to thank them regularly. It's easy to remember this is nothing but a hobby to most of us...and of all the hobbies I have or ever have had, this is the most demanding by far, A lot of time, money, and effort goes into it... just take a few seconds to thank whoever is in your life that is supportive.

On a less sappy note, I'll be visiting Carbon Culture gym, which for those who don't know, is the new gym Brandon Curry just opened. Not only will I get to train there, I'll get to train legs there which mean I have no choice but to go extra hard... if that's possible. My workout will probably change from my normal lift to afford myself the luxury of playing with some of the toys down there like the pendulum squat and a few other pieces. I'm absolutely ecstatic about it though!

Comment

I just got back in to town late last night. I cant say enough good things about the gym. It was pretty awesome to be there. It had a great vibe and awesome equipment. I got an insane Leg workout done. I deviated from my plan to play around a little bit but I got the green light from my coach to do so. Here's what it looked like:

Leg Press calf raises 3x12, 1 set of 12(20 sec reps)

Standing Calf Raises 4x15 with triple drop following the last set

Standing leg curl 20-25 RP

Hack squat machine 3 sets
      1x15
      1x12
      1x10

Pendulum Squat 3x8-10

Extreme Stretch

The Arsenal Strength machines we're heavier with some machines, and lighter with others, but everything was so smooth and fresh. The staff was equally as nice and helpful. And certainly cant wait to go back.

Comment

100% agree with you on taking the time to thank and show appreciation towards the person(s) in your life that supports your lifestyle.
        Its amazing the impact of going from someone who does not support the hobby that you love to a person who truly cares and are willing to make little sacrifices in their own life to help you reach your goals. Its important that those sacrifices do not go unnoticed.

Glad to see things are still going well for you and progressing in the right direction.
        Awesome that you got the opportunity to train at Carbon Culture. Super Jealous.
        My greatest opponent is myself. Every time I walk into the gym, I have to beat the person I was before!

Comment

Originally posted by johndylan15 View Post
          100% agree with you on taking the time to thank and show appreciation towards the person(s) in your life that supports your lifestyle.
          Its amazing the impact of going from someone who does not support the hobby that you love to a person who truly cares and are willing to make little sacrifices in their own life to help you reach your goals. Its important that those sacrifices do not go unnoticed.

Glad to see things are still going well for you and progressing in the right direction.
          Awesome that you got the opportunity to train at Carbon Culture. Super Jealous.
          Thank you brother! I really appreciate it! I've been in that exact same situation you speak of, going from someone who doesnt support your goals to someone who does... and the difference is absolutely insane. I've grown more (both internally and externally) in the last 4 years with my girl than I had the previous 10 combined. Hope all is well with you!

Comment

Here we go... things are getting taken up a notch, and i'm ready to rise for the challenge. One thing that i've learned, especially in the last month or so is just how challenging DC is not just physically but mentally. There have been a couple of weeks going in where I mentally defeated myself before i even got under the bar. I went in with the mindset of thinking, there is no way i'm going to be able to hit this. and sure enough i didn't. But then coming back the next week looking for revenge and retribution I got the lift and beat the original goal. I'm getting to a place with a lok of my lifts that i'm hitting PR's on everything, and hitting it for full sets. Weights that i could hit 1 or 2 reps for i'm now using for a complete 12-15 RP set. It blows my mind, but also challenges and pushes me. Getting over mental road blocks has been the hardest part of DC if i'm being honest. Like everyone else I decided to try DC because i saw how big guys were getting and how impressive they looked in the gym lifting heavy slag iron as Dante likes to say. And i knew i worked hard and had the ability to work hard to accomplish that myself, however i severely underestimated the mental fortitude it takes, which only excites me more. I know myself and i know i wont back down, that i'll be looking back a year from now looking at the numbers i was scared of now. That's the best part of training in my opinion. Sink or Swim

Comment

Push Day yesterday...
              I've been dealing with a bit of pain in my right shoulder insertion, and it shouldnt really affect me most days but i definitely do feel it in incline and low incline smith machines. I've been able to push through and keep progress going. Yesterday was another great day in the gym though, week A is my favorite of all 3 weeks.

Warm-ups: Broomstick Rotations

Low incline smith machine press: 11-15 RP

Pec Dec: Shooting for as much as possible. I stayed at the same weight this week due to dropping 4 reps week over week last week. and didnt like that, so kept the weight the same and ended up getting 3 more reps than i did on my last attempt

Extreme Stretch

Smith Machine Shoulder Press 11-15 RP

Shoulder Tri-fucta: My favorite exercise, the pain is excruciating but the pump, and the rush of blood to the delts as soon as you're finished is amazing.

Extreme Stretch

Close Grip Smith press: 15-20 RP

Weighted Bench Dips: shooting for 30 with weight increase

Extreme Stretching

Comment

Working...
              X