Getting after it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great perspective man!

Hope everything with the kids is working out. I'm not sure anyone knows how long this will last but hopefully it's over sooner rather than later.

Comment

Quick update since I have nothing really to log. Governor ordered all schools closed here through 05/15. Mandated closing nail salons, hair salons/barber shops, gyms, massage centers, movie theaters, and bans any gathering over 50 people effective Wed. but didn't specify in the press conference if that was also through 5/15 like the schools or not. Most gyms were already shut down but looking like the hopes of mine reopening next week probably isn't going to happen.

I hit a full body type routine last week trying to just do one exercise per body part more as just pump work since I was counting last week as my "deload". I am very limited to what I can do with a bench and a set of 40lb db's but trying to make the best of it. Did chest/tris today in a superset fashion push ups (legs on bench so more like incline press)/db tricep kickbacks, db flys/skull crushers, regular pushups/bench dips. I can't load the muscle enough to grow at all so just trying to do what I can to maintain. Did 3 sets of each listed and got a good pump off of it. When I learn more about how long the gym is closed I may go hard core into a cut and kind of say hell with trying to keep size with such limited resources.

6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
      1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

I am just as frustrated with life coming to a halt as anyone else is. As I said before, I like my predictable routine. Given that isn't an option and coming back to the perspective thing again. I have a pretty sweet setup (minus a gym) to be living in during a quarantine. I have 20 acres and my best friend owns 30 acres that are connected to mine so we really have 50 acres to play on at all times. One of the things we take for granted just because its "home". Will say while messing around in the yard doing some clean up this weekend it was nice for the kids to have space to be kids. One of my sons friends came and spent the weekend and you can see them in the paddle boat in the pond pic. With all the land there is always something that can be done to so I am enjoying being at home and getting some of that done and grilling out all weekend long. Just makes me ready to open the pool but still a bit cold for that and my fat ass still has some lbs to drop before then.

oh and fyi, that is old pic of the house I just don't have current. No chance my wife would let me leave xmas stuff up till almost april lol.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by LKQSJH; 03-23-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

One more that kinda shows my house in relation to pond location. This was older pic too but all I have.
          Attached Files

Comment

Another day, another 1/2 ass workout. Hit back/bi's today. Did some row variations all pretty high volume and slow. Best I could get was decent pump in my back. With light db's there is just no way I'm going to replace doing heavy rows or pull downs. Weather has sucked here the last 2 days but supposed to be nice tomorrow. Plan on going to the park just to get outside and if its not packed with kids on the playground I will do some chins on the monkey bars. If this really is going to last another 8 weeks in my area I am going to try to find a pull up/dip station to buy. I just know I won't use it once this is over so don't want to waste money. Leaning out little by little with the increased cardio and just trying to be more active. Also am not taking any "intra" carbs now since I don't think I am doing enough to deplete.

This is pic I took today. Still have a ways to go but just gotta take it one day at a time and one meal at a time during this mess.

324.jpg

Comment

Awesome house and setup man and looking strong in progress pic!
              I grew up in the country on hundreds of acres of family land until I went to college. Those pictures make me miss it and reminisce as I now am living the city/neighborhood life. They each have there positives and negatives.

My better half would be obsessed with your porch. Our plan is to eventually build a home with the same type of setup/seclusion from the city.
              Sucks about the gym thing or lack thereof but at least you have a damn nice place to quarantine and plenty of space.

Hope all is well, my man.
              My greatest opponent is myself. Every time I walk into the gym, I have to beat the person I was before!

Comment

• LKQSJH
                LKQSJH commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks man! Family is doing good so all is well. I spent 11 years in the neighborhood life and its not bad but I prefer having my space. It def has trade-offs and I understand why some prefer that. I am stuck in an office 40+ hours a week so I love having space to be outside after being stuck inside so much.

Hit delts/traps the best I could today. I tried doing bodyweight ohp for the first time and felt like a dumbass. Just really akward doing something like that I have never done. Next time I do these I am going to try to get more straight up/down but I really felt like I was pretty vertical (compared to what pic looks like) and want to make sure the focus is on my pressing more than worrying about balance. If I am stuck to doing this type of stuff for weeks to come I would imagine I will get the hang of them. Also did some side and front raises, shrugs, db ohp. Far from great but was enough to get my delts full of blood. My goal of going to the park was killed because it was still raining this morning but hoping I can get out there tomorrow.

delt.png

Comment

I have been trying to stay positive and make the best of things but the announcement we are under "Stay at home order" through 4/29 was a real bummer for me. Last year when I was out of the gym it was because life was so busy with building my new house I just didn't have time for the gym. Right now I am really missing the gym bad. Its hard to stay motivated to do bs workouts for an extended period of time. I am still working but its been bad slow and getting worse weekly. Not trying to have a pity party as many people are in much worse situations I guess I just never realized how much I "need" to stay busy for my own good. Guess I have just been in a funk because I don't like feeling unproductive at work or in the gym and both of those suck right now. Getting a ton of stuff done at home on the weekends so those help but the weeks seem to be dragging by right now. I also really need a break from my kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids to death but really miss date night with the wife and I can tell she needs it too but not much I can do to change the situation right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LKQSJH View Post
                  Right now I am really missing the gym bad. Its hard to stay motivated to do bs workouts for an extended period of time. I am still working but its been bad slow and getting worse weekly.
                  You're in a great position to start leaning out - how far are you wanting to push it eventually?

Knowing you'll be sheltered in place even longer, any chance of getting some heavy DBs or a rack or anything?

Comment

Working...
                  X