Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone figure this out for me before I jump in front of a bus......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone figure this out for me before I jump in front of a bus......

OK heres the deal..... I started dieting about 2.5 weeks ago. I carb up (cheat day basically with lots of carbs...) every Sat. I would say my diet is in fairly good order, and I am going low carbs all week until sat. I started my diet on prop, and clen. On Sunday I added Tren, switched from clen to ECA, and also added T3 (started with just 50mg). I check the scale once a week, and do measurements once a week. Now I have a Tanita scale at home (measures BF% as well as weight...), and according to that scale....... I have lost 5 pounds, and gained 3.5% of BF!!!!
    I checked my measurements, waist is down half an inch..... Arms are holding or are down a hair..... The Mirror says I am leaning out a bit....... And I have been told by at least three people that they can tell I am cutting because my stomach is getting smaller and my face is leaning out.......

Now I realize that the mirror is more important then the scale...... But, that scale is supposed to be very accurate.... The only thing that messes it up is hydration..... so for arguements sake I checked in the morning and at night on the same day.... same reading.... So...... Is my scale broken or what??? It cost me almost $100....... And it's brand new...... Or is is possible that I have lost muscle and gained fat????

Someone figure this out for me....... I am baffled!!
    ADMIN @ Fitnessgeared.com
    MOD @ Worldclassbodybuilding.com

[email protected]

those scales suck bro!! they have a margin of error somewhere between 6-8%. Use it for weight only. Better yet, take it back and buy a cheaper scale. Better still, take it back and use the scale at your gym and use the money for protein.

just my opinion
    "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Originally posted by GetnBigr
      those scales suck bro!! they have a margin of error somewhere between 6-8%. Use it for weight only. Better yet, take it back and buy a cheaper scale. Better still, take it back and use the scale at your gym and use the money for protein.

just my opinion
      If that thing really has that large margin of error I will take it directly to the company and beat somebody with it.... because it says right on the scale that it is very accurate as long as hydration is ok.....

[email protected]

Comment

They say that to get people to buy them. I think they're just playin' off the fitness craze to raise their bottom line. Use calipers.

Comment

You should only believe your mirror!

Comment

and the tale of the tape!

Comment

Originally posted by GetnBigr
              They say that to get people to buy them. I think they're just playin' off the fitness craze to raise their bottom line. Use calipers.
              Well thats it then.... I am going to beat the living hell out of the president of that company....... Don't they know that their scales (if incorrect) are messing with peoples heads...... I mean that could cause some serious damage to my over-inflated ego........

[email protected]

Comment

Hydrostatic weighing is probably the best way to figure BF% without spending a fortune...I am sure there are probably very precise ways of measuring BF using sonic testing or something but that would be prohibitively expensive.

What I would do is use the mirror and your strength. If you keep your strength I think it would be safe to say you are keeping your muscle tissue. I am sure everyone will lose a little strength when dieting and loss of water.

I am not an expert by any stretch...but when I get ready to diet I will only do it when I run Tren....it has some strong anti catabolic propertie which IMO are a great thing when reducing calories and cardio (I am skipping the cardio). I noticed you added tren...smart IMO.
                [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSport
                  I am not an expert by any stretch...but when I get ready to diet I will only do it when I run Tren....it has some strong anti catabolic propertie which IMO are a great thing when reducing calories and cardio (I am skipping the cardio). I noticed you added tren...smart IMO.
                  Oh yeah, I was planning to use the tren in my dieting cycle.... I only waited 2 weeks before starting it because I only have enough to run for 8 weeks, and I wanted to make sure I am running tren when I start getting leaner....... Man I love tren!

[email protected]

Comment

If I relyed on the scale I would have killed myself a long time ago. Of course I use a mirror,

an amusement park house of mirrors mirror. Damn I look great, even when bulking
                    If I replyed to this thread it most likely will die

[email protected]
                    [email protected]

Comment

WTF is everyone on a diet here?

In all seriousness, do you just stand on this scale and it tells you your weight and bodyfat %? Do you have to punch in some numbers (Height/weight/measurements)? I have only heard of these products but never checked into it because it sounds like absolute BS. But hey, thats just me..

-slide
                      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

sounds like the government. I am grossly obese by their height/weight scales. Not taking into consideration my lifestyle

[email protected]
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by saks
                          sounds like the government. I am grossly obese by their height/weight scales. Not taking into consideration my lifestyle
                          I just got a bad rating from a life insurance company because they said I weigh too much for my frame. My father-in-law is the agent, and he bought more insurance on my wife and I incase something happens, our son will be very well taken care of.

Anyway, those pricks came to my house for the blood and piss test, blood pressure, height, weight, etc..... Results came back that I was higher risk due being outside the weight range for my body type. My dad called and told them about weight training lifestyle and they didn't care.

:grumpy:

:2guns:

:Punch:

:kick:

Comment

easy way to get out of paying for life insurance

[email protected]
                            [email protected]

Comment

Crank,

The BF measurements are based on bioelectrical impedance (BIA). The resistance of your body to flow of electrical current is related to hydration. Fat-free mass (consider muscle mass, the largest component) has low impedance, whereas fat, resists current flow.

The machine is essentially an ohmeter, which measures impedance each time you step on to get a measurement.

When you started dropping carbs, adding caffeine, eph., clen, T3, etc., you lost body water, increasing electrical impedance, which the machine interprets as an increase in body fat.

Hope ya missed the bus.

-Randy
                              The Book Has Arrived!
                              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Working...
                              X