Clear All

yea I was just under the 2000 club
    My official PR was 1985
    SweatMachine
    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok
      I would do a couple sets, with stiff-leged it really is more productive to use proper form as opposed to alot of weight. I prefer dubells but barbell works fine too. Just try to keep the bar close to your body, stick your azz way out as you descend, when going up conciously think of pushing the bar up by driving your pelvis forward squeezing the glutes. This not only takes a ton of workload of the lower back but hits the glutes really hard too.
      I prefer dumbbells over barbells too

I just never do hams and quads the same day ~ Too much for me and I good results...I think I'll stick to what I'm doing

Lift light and ya never get tight ~

Comment

When my wife does stiffs I have to take a position behind her so the dorks dont stare at her, you know what. Not that I blame em, but damn use the mirrors dudes!
        SweatMachine
        (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Originally posted by tugs
          yes I do--I only workout 2x a wk workout 1 is
          (now)stiffdeads
          pullups
          ez curl and hammer
          shrugs
          20 rep squat(1 set)

workout 2 4 days later is
          incline bench
          close grip bench
          skulls
          milatery seated
          GIVEN THOSE EXERCISES, I would try this:
          Squat
          Pullups
          EZ curl and Hammer
          ADD: ABDOMINAL WORK (weighted crunches of some sort)
          (no shrug necessary)

SLDL's
          Inc. Bench
          Military
          close grip bench, skulls
          ADD: ABDOMINAL WORK: high rep crunches (~100 reps)

-Randy
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

randy--in #1--is there a reason you say do squats first?cause usally after the 20 rep squat pause/rest routine i,m too done to do anything else.
            and in #2 ---DLDL'S?? do you mean deads? or stiff legs? cause if you mean deads thats fine with me except maybe it would be too much on the legs for recovery? or not? I,m 6 ' 230--but everything is in the upper body--i,m trying to build up my chiken legs.
            thanks
            ps.,was that you in the pic with thw sneakers??? awesome really!!

Comment

Originally posted by tugs
              randy--in #1--is there a reason you say do squats first?cause usally after the 20 rep squat pause/rest routine i,m too done to do anything else.
              and in #2 ---DLDL'S?? do you mean deads? or stiff legs? cause if you mean deads thats fine with me except maybe it would be too much on the legs for recovery? or not? I,m 6 ' 230--but everything is in the upper body--i,m trying to build up my chiken legs.
              thanks
              ps.,was that you in the pic with thw sneakers??? awesome really!!
              Sorry - I meant to type "SLDL" - Stiff-legged deadlifts. I was thinking of doing a 20 rep squat (like you said) and the same for SLDL's.

Yep, you'll be a little whacked for upper body, but this will mean that you are fresh for legs. There is of course a logic to doing the hardest stuff last (you know that that's all you have left), but in your case, it might be nice to do the legs when your mind is fresh and motivation high. It'll prob. be OK to be a bit whacked for upper body, as you don't need work there now. The squats and deads might just make you grow there.

I was thinking that y ou should do a high bar squat (not w/ the bar low on the back like a Powerlifter), ass in the bucket as they say (butt to heels). Save your back for the SLDL's

-R

P.S. That was me in 2001, I think. Only shot I had showing the glutes like that...
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

thanks--I,ll try that--this is my 6th week at the squats--last wk i added 6 lbs--the week before 10 lbs and the week before that 10 lbs--so far so good---I don t want to sound to optimistic about this 20 rep squatroutine--its just that...,
                I THINK THERE CHANGING MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                AT 50 I NEVER THOUGHT IN MY LIFE THAT I WOULD BE SO EXICTED ABOUT SPENDING MY DAYS OFF IN A CAGE!!
                thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X