Lowering my protein.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky
    prefer getting essential vitamins and minerals from whole food sources rather than taking supplements.
    that's very hard to do, I would not take any chances and try to get all your vitamins and minerals from whole food, a good multivitamin/mineral would be a good addition to this.

Originally posted by Sparky
    My protein comes primarily from eggs, chicken, fish, whey protein powder, meal replacement shakes (Myoplex and Nitrotech), cottage cheese, and beef -- in that order.
    Myoplex and Nitrotech,.... I'd order from trueprotein.com and save some money (check my signature for a discount code too), nothing magical about these supplements.

Originally posted by Skip
    I bloat probably not from the protein as much as the oatmeal and all of the damned vegetables I eat in a day. I have the loosest stool on this board. lol
    oatmeal bloats me alot too.

Originally posted by DShores
    Skip,

Let me be very clear. I have seen hundreds of people with back problems that also have digestive trouble. That nerve that is sending pain shooting down your leg also controlls you large intestine. It takes a lot on pressure on that nerve to cause shooting pain/numbness and only moderate pressure to effect digestion.
    In other words, you could have little to no back pain and have enough pressure on those nerves to effect digestion.
    That's interesting DShores.
    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
      I couldnt disagree more with the above statements. During digestion it takes (depending on various factors, bodysize etc etc) about 3.7 to 4.5 calories burned to completely digest 100 calories of fats and carbs. To digest 100 calories of protein it takes about 22 to 27 calories burned. Thats 25%!!!
      DC (or anyone else),

Awesome fact. I did not know this. Is there anywhere I can get more information regarding this.

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        No, that isn't what he is saying at all. He is saying that he hates Mexicans.

Skip

Skip, is 450 still your go to number, or did you eventually experiment with different intakes over the last 13 years?

Comment

Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post

Skip, is 450 still your go to number, or did you eventually experiment with different intakes over the last 13 years?
          Bump.

Comment

I’m interested in the answer to this as well......

Comment

bumpity bump bump bump!

Comment

Wow, this is a blast from the past.

I used to be funny... in my younger days.

Skip
                www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
                Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: IntenseMuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skip
                  https://media.giphy.com/media/VHjoJF1glaHPW/giphy.gif

Comment

Skip
                    I tend to just look back at my younger self and cringe these days!

Comment

Lowering your protein intake sounds about as good of an idea as lowering your testosterone levels and increasing your estrogen levels...

Comment

Working...
                      X