What supplements do you take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What supplements do you take?

I know this sounds like a cliche topic, but I'm looking for some insight here. I've been training for a year and I have been taking the bare essentials: protein powder, creatine, multivitamins. It's extremely difficult to find good advice because everyone is trying to hock their own products, etc. I'd just like a concise list of the supps that some of you intelligent, experienced bodybuilders take.

Thanks for the help.
    email: [email protected]
    aim: AlphaMale2008

:showoff:

It's safer to say popularity sucks, because that makes it easier to forgive yourself if you suck. And I don't forgive myself.

In addition to what you mentioned

I'm a believer in ...
    1) Glutamine - maintain lean mass, heatlhy immune system (this is the single most valuable supplement I take and it is very inexpensive)

2) Glucosamine w/Chondroitin and MSM - joint health

No true convictions yet about...
    1) ZMA - zinc and magnesium to promote natural testosterone production (cheap)
    2) Tribulus - testosterone production (not heard much good about this, also cheap)

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Comment

Calcium
      Vit B
      Vit C
      flax seed oils
      fish oils
      thermos
      (all in addition to the above few)

I'd like to take zma, but the fact that its effects aren't that obvious(cos you're asleep) and the fact that you may come to actually rely on such a supp in order to get a good nights rest, causes me to think twice. Especially if you decide to stop taking for 1 reason or another and sleep wouldn't be as restful without it.

sparky:glutamine is cheap?!
      Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

Most everyone uses the same things you're using. My basics include protein (two blends), multivitamins, and bcaa's.

I don't know what kind of creatine you're using but there are some guys here using a Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL that they say is kick ass.

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to sell you anything but we truly do have some good products available here from our sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel

I'd like to take zma, but the fact that its effects aren't that obvious(cos you're asleep) and the fact that you may come to actually rely on such a supp in order to get a good nights rest, causes me to think twice. Especially if you decide to stop taking for 1 reason or another and sleep wouldn't be as restful without it.

yeah, but you gotta love the crazy dreams...

anyone else have opinions on zma?
          www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by MsteveM
            yeah, but you gotta love the crazy dreams...
            ZMA gives you crazy dreams? Never heard that one before. Please share.

It's safer to say popularity sucks, because that makes it easier to forgive yourself if you suck. And I don't forgive myself.

Comment

Gotta go with :

glutamine peptides, BCAA'S, CEE, vitamins, and i do believe that is all i got in the supplement department.....

oh yeah, protein of course, 2 kinds. ion exchange and a night time blend. i take maltodex post workout, but these things (protein, fast acting carbs)i don't consider supplements but rather food and a necesity to my training.
              word

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Male
                ZMA gives you crazy dreams? Never heard that one before. Please share.
                really? after awhile i started getting some really vivid, strange dreams which i'm convinced is from the zma. i've heard a bunch of others experience the same thing too.
                www.trueprotein.com

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

just the basics like everyone else. Protein powder, multi, creatine, and flax seed oil.
                  supplement junkie!!!!

Comment

Where I get Glutamine, it is dirt cheap. In fact, it's the cheapest supplement on my list. I haven't had any issues with ZMA.

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Comment

I found more food was a better choice then spending more money on glutamine. I'm starting to wonder if its really worth the money, I know Skip you have some issues with it.
                      Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

have you tried the peptides?
                        www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Creator_11
                          I found more food was a better choice then spending more money on glutamine. I'm starting to wonder if its really worth the money, I know Skip you have some issues with it.
                          I do have issues with it in that I am not convinced or even confident that it is worth a damn in it's current state or structure. I don't know about the peptides so I would open to hearing the argument for them and might give them a try but otherwise, I am very skeptical.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I know I took the peptides for about 4 weeks, had them put into my protein, and I must say I did not notice anyhting that jumped out at me. I was making the steady gains as usual but nothing I would notice in the log book, or how I feel.
                            Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

What brand of multivitamins do you guys take?

Comment

Working...
                              X