Are You Recovered If You’re Not Sore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Recovered If You’re Not Sore?

Many trainees base when they should hit the gym again, or hit a certain bodypart again based on if it is still sore or not. If it’s not sore it certainly must be recovered, right? WRONG! As most experienced trainees know, muscles often just don’t get sore no matter what you throw at them and the more frequently you train, the less soreness there usually is. A guy that hits a bodyparty once every 9 days will almost always be sore, the one in 7 guys quite often, and the 2-3 day a week guys often rarely or never. Does this mean they are recovering faster and micro-trauma is not occurring? Not at all, it just means you are not feeling it.

Our current understanding of DOMS is that DOMS is caused by nerves being irritated by the micro-trauma and inflammatory cytokines / CA+2 Leak. But…….eventually the nerves lose sensitivity to the stimulus, even though the amount of micro-trauma can remain constant. You are still not recovered, not feel sore, train again, and make slow or no progress. YOUR barometer of recovery should be if you are bale to add a bit more weight to the bar, or get another rep or two. If you can’t you are endlessly repeating the prior workout. What is the point in that?

Iron Addict
    www.ironaddicts.com

I would be interested in hearing more about cytokines / CA+2 Leak. I know that you are pretty busy but if you could elaborate, that would be great.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Interesting points, but how does this work when you are dieting down, as I find that strength and repping abaility are highly variable largely dependent for me on carb and cardio status

Comment

Hold on, Quietly, MY question first.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

bump for both questions
          Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

This is exactly what i was looking for, sorry if digging up this old post offends anyone.. I just did a DC workout, and my muscles don't 'feel' sore for some reason. I have good genetics and have been training for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by sWoL-o
              This is exactly what i was looking for, sorry if digging up this old post offends anyone.. I just did a DC workout, and my muscles don't 'feel' sore for some reason. I have good genetics and have been training for a while.
              Can't answer that. Did you just start this training? Are you rest pausing properly?
              If you are just starting out it may be due to just being used to your starting weights. Once you have to keep kicking the logbook's ass.........it'll come.
              ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
              Good luck
              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
              SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
              TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Funny you asked. Im restarting the DC training and getting comfortable with the weights trying to find that point wheres its not too light, but not too heavy. I started off kinda light b/c i knew the slow negatives on each rep would fatigue me. I am RP, 15 deep braths in between each mini set.

Comment

Don't try and count the speed of the negative parts of the movements, just control them.
                  Don't be too concerned as soon you will always have to outperform your last time.
                  ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                  Good luck
                  Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Oh, i don't count them. As i have read, just worry about controlling the weight, so thats what i do.

Im 150 lbs, not quite as big as some on here, but i was thinking of doing the mon/tue/thur/fri split since im not tossing around massive weights. That i will decide later and will probably think about doing after my 1st blast.

Comment

if you are 150, you probably aren't advanced enough for a DC system. you would probably do better focusing on a low volume program with compound exercises.

Comment

I thought DC was low volume (high entensity) that incorporates 'compound exercises?'

Comment

I thought DC was low volume (high entensity) that incorporates 'compound exercises?'
                          Yes, but Dante's training is for people who are advanced enough (3 years steady lifting plus).

Here's a sticky to read:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=3046
                          Good luck
                          Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Oh, i don't count them. As i have read, just worry about controlling the weight, so thats what i do.

Im 150 lbs, not quite as big as some on here, but i was thinking of doing the mon/tue/thur/fri split since im not tossing around massive weights. That i will decide later and will probably think about doing after my 1st blast.
                            Sniffy's probably right. You should just concentrate on eating more and getting stronger, IMO. But in no way try the MTTF routine, that's for the more Genetically gifted (recovery wise).
                            Good luck
                            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

whoever said i havent been lifting for 3+ years? in fact, i've been lifting for 5 years!

Comment

Working...
                              X