Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My experience with Dairy and my opinions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience with Dairy and my opinions.....

Hey, for what it's worth, I am going to share my opinions based on my experience with using dairy products in the offseason and their shitty affects on me for the last time.

I am a creature of habit. I like to be very routine and quiet frankly, I can eat the same foods day in and day out for a year or more if it were needed. I think that this is why I find precontest to be so easy. However, I decided that this offseason I was going to be sure and have variety in my diet though still keep it very controlled and pretty clean. Hey, we all have issues and my issues are around control. I figured that the variety would be good on the brain and of course, would give me a better nutritional profile with different carbs, fats, etc..

I have been making gains like never before with a variation of DC training. I say variation because I am a control freak if you missed this in the last paragraph. Yes, I should probably do EXACTLY what the program calls for. However, I cannot relinquish that much control to anyone whether they are world reknowned, as DC is, or not. Again, these are my issues. : ) I have been growing like a weed and until I started closing in on 240 my gut was normal for offseason and my bodyfat level was not low but not too high, either.

Enter dairy products.

I thought I might play a bit with my diet and add some variety AND some convenient foods and milk jumped out at me. Great source of protein, relatively low GI even though you drink it instead of eat it and I have always enjoyed the taste of milk. Non-fat milk would work beautifully, I figured. Before I train in the morning I also have 1 cup of nonfat cottage cheese, 1 cup of pineapple mixed in it and 1 whole wheat bagel. This is my preworkout meal in the offseason. I have 12 oz. nonfat milk with meal 3, 4 and 6.

Now, I gotta tell you that in the last 5-6 weeks of doing this my waist must be up 4 inches, I swear, and my bodyweight is only up about 5 pounds. I am certainly not lean but my GUT would make Ronnie Coleman's waist look like Barbie's. It is getting to the point that it is getting uncomfortable. In fact, I tweaked my back today doing a leg exercise that I should have in NO way tweaked my back but my big gut leverages against my low back when I squat or press real deep (like I always have done) and BAM..... the left errector was not feeling all too good. Nevermind that I haven't been able to deadlift in about 4 or 5 weeks - in fact, typing this made me realize that since I have been eating and drinking dairy again, my back pain started almost immediately from my gut distending so bad.

I really think that the milk products "gum" up the GI and absorption and digestion of food takes much longer and that my distention is simply from the back log of food waiting to be digested. This has also cut into my water intake because I can't take in as much water as I would like due to the water filling my gut and pushing it out even further.

I am going to cut the dairy in a week (I am well stocked hehe) and let the gut go back down a bit.

For these reasons, I won't include dairy in my diet anymore. It has literally been a nightmare.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Skip, I am getting the impression as I read more about milk that humans aren't made to drink cows milk. It may have some serious implications in developing diabetes....populations that drink milk have a much higher incidence of diabetes...

Milk is loaded with sugar.....and of course many people are lactose intolerant. This would surely cause bloating.....

Their is some pretty gross stuff in our commercially available milk supply. Blood and fecal matter finds its way into milk....

I haven't drank milk for a long time....but I was using Muscle Milk as a post workout shake....since I have cut that out (even though it tasted great) my digestion seems to be better....
    [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
    Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

I have noticed the same things with milk... Just seems to make me hold on to fat and makes me feel bloated in general.

E
      True Protein discount code EDC256. Save now!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ed
        I have noticed the same things with milk... Just seems to make me hold on to fat and makes me feel bloated in general.

E
        :iagree:

But 2 cups of non fat milk mixed with 3 scoops of chocolate ion whey, sure does taste damn good. But oh well, it aint worht the bloating and farts
        Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

yeh im cutting out milk to...but milk plus ON whey was so tasty!
          "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

hmm i am begining to think i have figured out why my gut is looking like i am in my third trimester. try 1/2 gallon of milk/day.

do you use supplements for your calcium requirements?
            "The worst thing I can be is just like everyone else."-ARNOLD

Comment

Yes is sure does make a shake taste better!
              True Protein discount code EDC256. Save now!

Comment

Originally posted by maxmuscle245
                hmm i am begining to think i have figured out why my gut is looking like i am in my third trimester. try 1/2 gallon of milk/day.

do you use supplements for your calcium requirements?
                Yes, I do - religiously.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

The human body at birth does not have the necessary enzymes to digest cow milk. They have to be created. Hence why people who do not injest dairy for long periods of time may find when they start to injest it again may find themselves lactose intolerant, gassy bloated etc. I have found this out for myself and no longer injest dairy. When needed I use soy milk, yogurt and cheese.

Comment

I guess I am lucky that I don't have too many allergies to milk.
                    If I am drinking a lot of it, I notice my sinuses are more clogged, but that's about it.
                    I don't tend to get the bloated stomach unless I have a weird combination of foods.
                    Lift big 2 get big
                    TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
                    mod at bodybuilding.com
                    mod at iron-forum.com
                    mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
                    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
                    "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
                    Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

Skip,

No dairy at all? Cottage cheese? The only reason that I would consider keeping it in my diet is for nightime slow digestion. But I suppose I could just pick up a casein protein mix.

BW
                      Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

all I drink is soy milk
                        some where between heaven and hell

Comment

Not to mention Milk is 3 dollars and change per gallon.....
                          [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                          Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

i drink powdered whey milk. it tastes pretty good, is much healthier than milk(i.e. no lactose) and mixes pretty well with a shake. but i do eat quite a bit of cottage cheese.
                            My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by heavy hitter
                              i drink powdered whey milk. it tastes pretty good, is much healthier than milk(i.e. no lactose) and mixes pretty well with a shake. but i do eat quite a bit of cottage cheese.
                              Where do you find powdered whey milk? I haven't heard of that. I'm pretty severly lactose intolerant, and would like to find something else besides rice milk and soy milk.
                              I work for chocolate

Comment

Working...
                              X