lifting while sick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifting while sick?

whats your guys thoughts on lifting while your sick? i just got off a cruise and only got one workout in then got myself alittle sick. so are we supposed to tough it out? take it easy? dont go at all?
    any help is greatly appreciated

I'd either take it easy or don't go at all. Your body is trying to fight the infection/illness, it's not interested in building muscle right now.

Comment

ya thats what i figured. that fact that i just did the cruise is what is messing with me. ive never felt softer/smaller then during that week of no lifting. combine that with a couple days of deer hunting and not eating during the day the last thing i wanna do now is take a another day off.

but thanks

Comment

Depends on how sick. Flu or infection I'd definately skip it. Mild cold, I'd train but just to failure. That's what i've done over the years.

Comment

One thing.......DONT MISS MEALS!!!!!!!!!!
          Just Paying My Dues
          RIP Iron Addict
          Max squat 570
          max box squat 525
          Max dead 585
          max floor press 380

All these above numbers will be crushed. I promise

Comment

if i train when i feel sick i often get more sick... no good idea... eat lots of garlic and just wait it out is my 2 cents
            "my training routine? I carry big wheels, run trough the trees and push against the wall." -Zulu

Comment

Originally posted by BigBen
              whats your guys thoughts on lifting while your sick? i just got off a cruise and only got one workout in then got myself alittle sick. so are we supposed to tough it out? take it easy? dont go at all?
              any help is greatly appreciated
              because you just done cruise then I'd take no chance and just take a few more day's rest and start again on the next training day.

if i train when i feel sick i often get more sick... no good idea... eat lots of garlic and just wait it out is my 2 cents
              I'm the opposite, I'we trained with a bad cold and have never gotten worse by doing that,........ I remember once when I was sick for few day's (had to skip some workouts) and when I got slightly better I decidet to train because I didn't want to loose another leg day,........and guess what, the training felt terrible (was very hard mentally) but I beat every exercise like there was nothing wrong with me, lol.... I just had the feeling that I somehow had my strength.

One thing.......DONT MISS MEALS!!!!!!!!!!
              yes and no,..... it will help you hold on to your muscle mass but IMO when eating little (almost fasting) the body can use more energy to fight the infection.

Anyway, rest, drink lots of fluids, double your vit-C dose (or even more, the body seems to be able to handle very big amounts of vit-C during illness), take some zink too,....... you can also take garlic, echinacea, olive leaf f.ex..
              each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
              for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

tough it out... if u feel like u need to take a break, take it.. dont be a hero and push if u cant... but dont let the sniffles be an excuse to half ass a workout... put ur headphones on real loud and do what u can...be strong, be smart.

Pudge
                " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"

Comment

If you are running a fever. then skip working out until the fever is gone. Otherwise, I would go ahead and work out but don't get overheated in the process - in other words, work out slowly. When you are sick, you don't need to be trying to build muscle on top of your body's efforts to get well. You just want to maintain what you have until well.

Comment

Working...
                  X