Update ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update ......

Okay, someone is going to want to choke me for this but I will take my chances. hehe

For those that remember, I contemplated only training arms every other week about a month or so ago here on the board. I was pretty much on this schedule, anyway, for a month or so and noticed that my arms were incredibly strong when I actually DID train them on occasion. In fact, I was hitting PRs.

I have continued to train like this and will continue to do this for a couple reasons. First, I continue to hit PRs on every arm workout and my arms are up just shy of a 1/4 inch in the last 1.5 months and I have trained them only THREE times.

Now, admittedly, I have been doing this one type of training that few of you know. I won't mention the name but I WILL say that it starts with D and ends with oggcrapp. I am training back and chest twice a week with legs and shoulders only once. Arms are trained every other week. The heavy back and chest work is keeping my tris plenty big and plenty strong. I initially only expected that this would maintain my arm size so I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were actually UP in size after training so much less.

I am not saying that you will grow from this approach BUT it might be something to consider if you are doing larger muscle groups a couple times a week. It is working wonders for me. Plus, if I hate training a bodypart it is BICEPS.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Glad to hear this is working for you. I've been considering training my legs every other week so I can give extra attention to some lagging bodyparts. I'll have to give it a shot soon.

Comment

Skip

The rationale behind this is very sound and I have had similar experiences.

The guys with the biggest arms usually arent the ones heaving tons of weight around, grunting and groaning. In my 18 years of training arms have required the most thought and careful analysis to keep them growing.

Have had great results in the last 18 months, finally got them up to 19.5 and 19.6 respectively (stone cold upon waking in the morning) and just over 20" with a good pump.

I am a true believer that "less is more" where arms are concerned and the things which I credit my recent progress to are.

Training bis and tris together in super set fashion on the same day.
      Only training them once per week.
      Using less weight and feeling the contractions better (I know everyone craps on about this but it is true, check out the guys with the BIGGEST arms and you will see what I mean (total concentration)
      Skipping every 4th arm workout altogether (thats right, nada, zip nuthin every 4th week)

An arm workout for me looks like.

Standing curls 10, 10, 12 (work set) 21 (set of 21's to finish off)
      Tricep pushdown 10, 10 ,10 12 (work set) 21 (set of 21's to finish off)

These 1st 2 exercises are down in straight set fashion........

Next......

Incline dumbell curls 8, 10, 10 (2 work sets) supersetted with
      Lying skullcrushers 8, 10 ,10 (2 work sets)

Final superset....

1-arm dumbell preachers (done on the 90 degree face of the hyperextension bench) 12, 12 supersetted with
      Rope extensions behind the head 15, 15

Thats it, my arms are totally smoked (time to get out that tape measure LOL)

I ALWAYS finish off with some aggressive stretching for the arm muscles.

IMO intelligent training and recuperation will take you much further than blindly grinding out more sets and reps and thinking more training = more growth.

MA92
      "Beneath all suffering.........lies the beauty of opportunity"

Comment

Ahhh, I love to see you drop in here, bro. You should drop in more often.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Skip
          Okay, someone is going to want to choke me for this but I will take my chances. hehe

For those that remember, I contemplated only training arms every other week about a month or so ago here on the board. I was pretty much on this schedule, anyway, for a month or so and noticed that my arms were incredibly strong when I actually DID train them on occasion. In fact, I was hitting PRs.

I have continued to train like this and will continue to do this for a couple reasons. First, I continue to hit PRs on every arm workout and my arms are up just shy of a 1/4 inch in the last 1.5 months and I have trained them only THREE times.

Now, admittedly, I have been doing this one type of training that few of you know. I won't mention the name but I WILL say that it starts with D and ends with oggcrapp. I am training back and chest twice a week with legs and shoulders only once. Arms are trained every other week. The heavy back and chest work is keeping my tris plenty big and plenty strong. I initially only expected that this would maintain my arm size so I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were actually UP in size after training so much less.

I am not saying that you will grow from this approach BUT it might be something to consider if you are doing larger muscle groups a couple times a week. It is working wonders for me. Plus, if I hate training a bodypart it is BICEPS.

Skip
          STOP GROWING YOU FREAK!! let us buck 50 people catch up wit ya will ya? LOL! Keep up the gains skippy!! I'm glad for ya!
          Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

Working...
          X