Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever broken equipment at the gym?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever broken equipment at the gym?

I'm curious if you've ever broken a piece of equipment at the gym. Did you confess to the gym that you did and we're you placed on double secret probation...lol!

I've been asking the owner of our gym for a couple of years it seems to get a sissy squat and finally he got one about 3-4 weeks ago. I went to use it at the end of my leg workout last Friday night and I couldn't get the foot holder to adjust in or out. I was telling the owner that it seems jammed and he told me he thinks someone dropped a 25 lb plate on top of the foot holder and crushed the frame around it so it won't adjust. He was livid because 1) he just bought it and 2) the person that did it didn't tell anyone.

the bastards! I've been after them for 2 yrs to buy it too!!!
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Yep, I snapped the cable while doing cable rows a few weeks back, and just recently I cracked the frame on the innner thigh machine, and yes, I've told them everytime I've done it, because its not my fault the cable or machine can't handle the weight, unless of course i stacked a whole lot of extra db or plates on the stack, then I just leave that little tid bit out, but I still let them know I busted it.
      Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

never broken any anything at a gym.................yet
        "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

never broke anything at the gym. just toes

Comment

I broke a plate glass window with my ass.....

the deadlift platform was in front of the plate glass windows looking out. You lifted with your back to the window facing towards the inside of the gym. I was using straps and one broke then the other one, POW POW! I flew backwards into the window....
            SweatMachine
            (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

^ you could of got hurt bad! Stupid gym.
              Learner202 is presenting ficticious scenerios in a role play environment. I get big because I love it.

Competition is marvelous, provided it is done for the good of the goal rather then the good of the soul.

A wise person doesn't batter against stone walls, but finds ways around them, under them, or over them.

Comment

MM, As I said in the other thread on this board about breaking equipment, my name is on the board as you enter the gym I train at with the machines I hurt and how much it was to fix them, so my membership is now in the hole, and I have been there since '91, LOL...
                "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

the gym i used to go to with the ass, i mean owner, there who fixes everything him self used to whine "not too add wight to the stacks so they wouldnt break", a cable frayed once and he duck taped it, great business man---
                  im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

Comment

I've snapped about 4 cables (Lat Pulldown & Low Cable Row Machine) and broke the chain on an old fashioned Standing Calf Raise Machine. I told the owners and they weren't mad because I didn't do it on purpose. Sometimes things just break..

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                      MM, As I said in the other thread on this board about breaking equipment, my name is on the board as you enter the gym I train at with the machines I hurt and how much it was to fix them, so my membership is now in the hole, and I have been there since '91, LOL...

I always tell KR that even though we don't like most of the members who sign up for their New Year's resolutions work out for a month and then don't return....they're the ones that keep the gym open for us!!

Comment

I broke the pully on a low row machine. I was using the stack and had a 45 hanging off the back with a spare pin. I was in mid rep when the whole stack came crashing down cracking some of the plates and sending the 45 rolling across the gym. I didn't really have to tell the owner because nobody in the gym missed that one. The worst thing was when the pully broke I went flying backwards off the seat. Felt like I had whiplash. Knocked the breath right out of me.
                        Any views or opinions expressed in this forum or in personal correspondences are purely for entertainment purposes and are obviously the product of a deeply troubled mind.

Have a nice day.
                        Saturn……

[email protected]

Please visit our Sponsor

Custom Nutrition Warehouse

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by saturn
                          I broke the pully on a low row machine. I was using the stack and had a 45 hanging off the back with a spare pin. I was in mid rep when the whole stack came crashing down cracking some of the plates and sending the 45 rolling across the gym. I didn't really have to tell the owner because nobody in the gym missed that one. The worst thing was when the pully broke I went flying backwards off the seat. Felt like I had whiplash. Knocked the breath right out of me.
                          Question.......are you still allowed to train at that gym? LOL
                          Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Broke the leg press(bodymasters) sheared the bolts right off ,1000 lbs came crashing down , took four guys to get it off of me..gym owner paid my medical expenses screwed up my ankle ,took over a year to heal...scared the piss outta me!
                            GF
                            The older I get the lighter the weights used to be...........

Comment

Working...
                            X