Misplaced Priorities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misplaced Priorities

I frequent a lot of bodybuilding boards on a daily basis, and it is often disheartening to see where the majority of the people at most boards spend their time. A glance at a forum index this morning at a board I was on showed me their were 43 people viewing the steroid section and only ONE on the training section and 3 on the diet section.

While I can appreciate people’s intrigue with the ins and outs of gear use, I can tell you with absolute 100% confidence that unless your training and diet are dialed all the gear in the world won't take you that far irregardless of what many of you might believe. I see pics all the time of people that have done 5-15 cycles and barely look like they train. People that are doing 2-4 grams a week and weigh 180-200 lbs at 5'10-6'1. This is just fucking crazy. Now of course many look like freaks. What is the difference? Aside from genetics the freaks have their training and diet in order and the "do you really lift weights?" guys do not.

And while it isn't really all as simple as stating "do a moderate dose of test and tren, test/EQ, or test and d-ball" and understand what proper pct is, it really isn't all that much more complicated for the low-intermediate level gear users that spend all day asking if adding 25 ms a day of winny is going to have a lot of impact to their cycle or whatever frivolous question is being asked.

The gear is not the base of your growth, diet and training is. Without having diet and training together gear is pretty useless and is just a short-term crutch.

Guys will spend uncounted hours on the forums learning all the intricacies of gear use and then use some dumb-assed routine straight out of "Flex" and eat like shit and wonder why its not happening.

Why do most forums have a 2-10 times the amount of threads on the gear sections as the diet and training sections? Damned if I will ever know. I do know why a lot of these guys aren't growing though......

Iron Addict
    www.ironaddicts.com

Originally posted by iron addict
    I frequent a lot of bodybuilding boards on a daily basis, and it is often disheartening to see where the majority of the people at most boards spend their time. A glance at a forum index this morning at a board I was on showed me their were 43 people viewing the steroid section and only ONE on the training section and 3 on the diet section.

While I can appreciate people’s intrigue with the ins and outs of gear use, I can tell you with absolute 100% confidence that unless your training and diet are dialed all the gear in the world won't take you that far irregardless of what many of you might believe. I see pics all the time of people that have done 5-15 cycles and barely look like they train. People that are doing 2-4 grams a week and weigh 180-200 lbs at 5'10-6'1. This is just fucking crazy. Now of course many look like freaks. What is the difference? Aside from genetics the freaks have their training and diet in order and the "do you really lift weights?" guys do not.

And while it isn't really all as simple as stating "do a moderate dose of test and tren, test/EQ, or test and d-ball" and understand what proper pct is, it really isn't all that much more complicated for the low-intermediate level gear users that spend all day asking if adding 25 ms a day of winny is going to have a lot of impact to their cycle or whatever frivolous question is being asked.

The gear is not the base of your growth, diet and training is. Without having diet and training together gear is pretty useless and is just a short-term crutch.

Guys will spend uncounted hours on the forums learning all the intricacies of gear use and then use some dumb-assed routine straight out of "Flex" and eat like shit and wonder why its not happening.

Why do most forums have a 2-10 times the amount of threads on the gear sections as the diet and training sections? Damned if I will ever know. I do know why a lot of these guys aren't growing though......

Iron Addict
    I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Screwing up your nutrition and screwing up androgen use are two different things. People like to sort out the intricate details of using AAS because of this reason alone. Also, about half the posts on boards tend to be whether or not a product is legit or if they are getting a good price for a product. A lot of supplement questions are also fielded in these forums for the same reason. A lot of gearheads also love to talk about the little details or pharmacological actions of AAS. It's the same as a computer guy geeking out and talking techie. It doesn't really mean anything other than it's fun and interesting to go into detail about these things. Most people tend to know the basics behind nutrition and proper eating. Knowing and doing are two different things though. It's a lot easier to inject something a few times a week then it is to consume large amounts of food everyday or restrict calories and macronutrients in preparation for a show.
    What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJ
      Screwing up your nutrition and screwing up androgen use are two different things.

Most people tend to know the basics behind nutrition and proper eating. Knowing and doing are two different things though. It's a lot easier to inject something a few times a week then it is to consume large amounts of food everyday or restrict calories and macronutrients in preparation for a show.
      I agree with you that nutrition and aas are two different things. I think IA is trying to point out that there are too many people that focus on how to use aas and not enough time on nutrition and training. There are plenty of people that know the basics of gear, nutrition, and training but that's likely not enough to take them to the next level.

We have a guy at our gym that trains about as hard as anyone I know....frankly I've been telling him he overtrains, doesn't get enough rest and doesn't eat enough. He's in the gym 5+ days a week for 2 or more hours each time....he does set after set and exercise after exercise. His body hasn't changed and he probably carries the same bodyfat as he did 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
      X