Injury Survey:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury Survey:

Ive been talking with several old friends about the injuries we have aquired over the years. I thought Id start a thread here to post your injuries and the duration of your injury:

Here's mine from 30 years of training-------

Spearated AC joint - 2 times- 6 months
    Torn IT ban - 4 months
    Torn trapezius- 3 months
    Sprained ankle- 3 months
    Tennis elbow- 6 months
    celluitis ( finger)- 4 months- then surgery
    Umbilical hernia- 6-10 weeks

No knee or back injuries!
    SweatMachine
    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Made some partial tears in my rotator cuff which cost me about 9months. Could not bench for almost a full year. Warm up fellas!!

Ed
    True Protein discount code EDC256. Save now!

Comment

knee scope and hernia so far

Comment

None of my injuries are from body building. I have had some minor tweaks but nothing really. My injuries are from football, soccer, and basketball.

1) Torn ACL - basketball!
        2) Torn ACL - soccer
        3) Broken Leg - soccer
        4) Broken Ankle - soccer
        5) Broken Wrist - football

2-4 happened in one incident!

These injuries are why I'm into body building. I need a competitive outlet and I can't afford any more injuries.. I'll have knee replacements if I do.

Spark
        Last edited by Sparky; 11-16-2004, 11:30 PM.

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Comment

broke right hand - out 4 months
          left knee scope- no legs 1 month
          lower back - out 1 month (twice)
          small tear in right pec-delt tie-in ... that took forever
          and sprained neck twice and right trap tear...that aslo persists

sucks.

Pudge
          " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"

Comment

those are my injuries from few years of training:

minor rip/strain on my left trap (the back of the trap):
            got this from doing barbell shrugs, it was my first rep of a set so I guess it was a combination of a little bouncing from the bottom with not to great of a warmup too (I heard a little rip sound). it took 9 months to fully recover but I could train all the time although I sometimes got a little painful burn in the trap when doing barbell rows/dead lift.

minor strain in the ham/glute tie in, both sides:
            I was fully warmed up but I bounced a little bit to much at the bottom of a squat with a position which stretched the ham/glute a lot. I couldn't squat/deadlift heawy for a month and recovered fully in about 3 months.
            I think I could have avoided that injury by:
            -stopping for a split second at the bottom before exploding up.
            -squatted more straight down instead of going so much with the ass back & lower back forward, i.e. less ham/glute stretch (I squat deep by the way).
            -squatting a little more wide stance, i.e. less ham/glute stretch.
            each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
            for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

I also have had my ego bruised a time or two...
              SweatMachine
              (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
                I also have had my ego bruised a time or two...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

OK....other than the usual strains and pains and a slight case of tendonitis in both my elbows the worse injury I had was a few years back when I tore my quad.....Not fun at all.....6 weeks after the injury I started rehab but it took about a year before it got back in balance with my other leg
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Torn pec (flat benchinh) surgically re-attached + 18 months rehab
                  Minor bicep tear x 2 (deadlifting) 4-6 weeks off back & bicep movements
                  Compressed disc in lower back (deadlifting again) plagues me to this day (but still squatting and deadlifting)
                  Elbow tendinitis = fact of life
                  Dodgy rotator cuffs x 2 (rehab exercises 2 x per week to keep them functioning)
                  Sore knees (just put up with it)

LOVE this sport.

"Beneath all suffering.........lies the beauty of opportunity"

Comment

shoulder injury prevented any type of shoulder exercises for about 4 months. I t also impaired incline bench exercises as well. This has happened twice so far.
                    "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

lets see...broke both of my arms when I was 12 ( shouldn't try max weight clean and jerk when you don't know what the fuck you are doing!0

hurt my back 3 times the summer i turned 19 ..3rd time was the charm ..tore a erector slightly ...here it is 21 years later and I can still reach back there and feel a quarter sized knot!

Knees 15-20 different times where i had to stop training legs ...helll hurt them last springs

left elbow hurts right now...nothing that will keep me out of the game though!
                      This girls walks up to me and says " My God you're good looking!"

I say" I know!"

She gets offended and says" WHAT?!"

I said " I know I am goodlooking!"

She said " You're also and ASSHOLE!"

I said " I know that too!"

Comment

Working...
                      X