massage therapist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• massage therapist

are there are massage therapist out there,i'am considering going to school for massage and change my current career.how much can be made yearly and does anyone have any tips.if i decided to do this i also plan on getting cert.in active release tech as i feel this will benifit a buisness.thanks for any help

my wife is a LMP though she only does it part time for now ( hey, we have a mortgage to pay and to just start up full time ...no way ) she works 2 days a weekat a Salon and splits the $$ 50-50 with them .

If you are a man ...they say it is very, very tough to get work...even though it is not a sexual situation, most men don't want other men touching them..and most women don't want men touching them....
    This girls walks up to me and says " My God you're good looking!"

I say" I know!"

She gets offended and says" WHAT?!"

I said " I know I am goodlooking!"

She said " You're also and ASSHOLE!"

I said " I know that too!"

Comment

Originally posted by deepsquat
      my wife is a LMP though she only does it part time for now ( hey, we have a mortgage to pay and to just start up full time ...no way ) she works 2 days a weekat a Salon and splits the $$ 50-50 with them .

If you are a man ...they say it is very, very tough to get work...even though it is not a sexual situation, most men don't want other men touching them..and most women don't want men touching them....
      Tough market for men is an understatement....when you do find a market it is temporary as most clients are only there for a few visits..I am not sure about DP Squats wife but the carrer life of a good massage therepist is about 10 years...arthritis in the hands,wrist,elbows,knees and lower back are not uncommon....maggae takes a huge toll on your body..If you want to do something like this i woudl look into sugery and recovery fields post operative...just a suggestion..

I go too a massage therepist 2 times a month..he is a guy, i have tried women and found them to be a little to soft on me and did not have the strength or stamia too go deep into the muscle with me....i am sure they are all not like that but at $65 an hour i can not shop around till i find a women to get it right..

I hear DP's wife is great and i am sure she will tell you she is too as well but ia m also sure she will tell you that there a re a few women in the field that should not work on some subjects....get more feed back but it all comes down to what you want and your comfort zone...
      I will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother and you will know my name is the Lord when i lay my vengence upon thee ...

Comment

The massage therapist we (TLM and I) use, when needed, is a guy. He has a long history in martial arts, weightlifting and other athletics so he knows what problems athletes have. And for the past couple years he's been at UofH finishing a masters in some category of kineseology.

For a couple of conditions/injuries, he all but cured my problem with very deep tissue, very painful massage and with showing me knew ways to stretch problem areas.

We don't see him regularly but when we need to address a problem/injury/pull/etc, he's the first one I call.

If you really, really know your shit, you can create a very loyal client base; from those that see you often to those that see you only when there is a problem.
        CrossFit Champions
        Champions Combat Arts

Comment

I go to a guy from China! I can hardly understand him but he knows his business and finds all the "knots" in my body in nothing flat. It hurts like hell when he is working on me but it sure makes things better afterwards. A good massage therapist is worth his weight in golld!

Comment

The massage therapist I see shares a room with an old Asian man who is booked through 2006.

It's only hard to get work if you suck.
            Life is what you make of it.

Comment

Working...
            X