Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscling Down for Sport

Hey guys,

Got a question that im not sure whats the best way to go about. First off ive halted the aim to be as big as possible. A few years back i was playing at a high level of soccer in the Uk, but a knee injury forced me out of the game. So i decided to bodybuild, but now my knee seems to have recovered with extensive physio and rest from the weekly pounding it was taking.

Im currently sitting at 225lbs and 6' tall, what would be the best way to diet down to say 185-190 whilst keeping my sprint, soccer training at a high level of quality. My body fat was tested using 7-site caliper test at 13%

I know its not the usual IM question, but ive learnt so much off you guys and thought that you could drum up some quality ideas. Basically i want to train like a sprinter in order to be as quick as possible over 30-40yrds.

cheers

B-R
    GOODFELLA....

keep your protein levels high and your weight training going but adding some road work-running- will burn fat, as well as some muscle and et your cardio level back to soccer status... face it your going to loss muscle if your playing soccer..
    SweatMachine
    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Sound advice SM, appreciated

I know that ive got to lose muscle, would like to increase/maintain strength though. Im gonna miss those daily McD's visits . Should i add a shitload/cheatday to my diet? or just keep it in a negative energy balance?
      GOODFELLA....

Comment

I would maintain a steady maintainance diet and have a couple meals per week consisting of most anything you want or one day of relaxed eating per week. This will at least keep you sane. The shitload isnt a pleasant experience. you could up your carbs on higher activity days and lower them on "off" days. >> just a few ideas for you.
        SweatMachine

Comment

Cheers fella,

That sounds perfect short and sweet but will certainly do the job. Sorry it isnt bodybuilding related, but like i said before you and some of the other guys have a vast knowledge on numerous subjects.

Think i will just stick to a few relaxed meals and alter carbs depending on activity levels

thankyou
          GOODFELLA....

Comment

Good luck to ya
            SweatMachine

Comment

Working...
            X