Lean Ground Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean Ground Beef

What can I do to make it easier to eat my lean ground beef (95% lean). It's so dry I'm having a hard time finishing it all. Any ideas to give it more flavor?

Christ, I swear I was about to make the same post. I used to love to sit down with a 1 lb hamburger patty with some ketchup and mustard and slam it with a quart of milk.

Those days are over and I can barely stand it now.

Comment

One of my favorites:

1 can of Campbells chunky soup (quite a variety of flavors) and 8-16 oz lean ground beef mixed in, depending on your intake level, for a very thick/chunky soup/stew. Very, very good.

Keep in mind that the soup contains about 40-45g carbs and 20-25g protein depending on which variety you are using.
      CrossFit Champions
      Champions Combat Arts

Comment

And:

To the lean ground beef add diced tomatoes, black or pinto beans, a little shredded cheese and some picante sauce. Maybe a little kernel corn or cream kernel corn as well.
        Last edited by The Munster; 11-11-2004, 01:25 AM.
        CrossFit Champions
        Champions Combat Arts

Comment

cook it in old bay seasoning
          www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

and if you like pickles maybe add some relish...

or put it on as many tortillas as you need, add some lettuce and salsa and eat like a taco.
            www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

low carb alfredo sauce is awesome. as well as regular old pasta sauce,
              maybe some A1 sauce.... or taco seasoning....
              SweatMachine
              (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Originally posted by AssItch
                Christ, I swear I was about to make the same post.

lol!!!

Some good ideas.....I've done the A1 steak sauce. I've also thought about the taco too and the other nice I just put hot sauce on it which helped.

I'll have to try the soup.

Sweaty - Is the low carb alfredo pre-made in the store or does the mrs. make it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by mark mcgwire
                  lol!!!

Some good ideas.....I've done the A1 steak sauce. I've also thought about the taco too and the other nice I just put hot sauce on it which helped.

I'll have to try the soup.

Sweaty - Is the low carb alfredo pre-made in the store or does the mrs. make it for you?
                  Its on the pasta isle Bro.... the 4 cheese alfredo is Da Bomb

Creme of Mushroom soup is a nice add too--

I tried the Chunky soup tonight, not bad! Hii sodium though, but very tastey!
                  SweatMachine

Comment

My absolute favorite thing to do with ground beef is to make taco meat. You can use it for more than just tacos. Put onions, diced tomatoes (don't drain), corn, garlic, comino & some cayenne pepper. Let it simmer for about 10 min. or so.

My favorite way to eat this is like a casserole. Get corn tortillas cut into 1" strips & layer them on the bottom of a small casserole dish, (no oil or Pam needed). Add a layer of meat, layer of shredded cheese, another layer of tortilla strips, meat, cheese, & bake it for about 30 min at 350. The more tortilla strips you use, the thicker the consistency of the dish. It kinda ends up being like a mexican lasagna. I love this sooooo much. Very hearty.
                    Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

mmmm Im gonna try that....
                      SweatMachine

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
                        mmmm Im gonna try that....
                        Let me know how you like it when you do! I actually prefer mine with lots of cayenne. It's a great cold weather meal! But, I think ya'll haven't experienced the cold in FL yet!
                        Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

are you kidding it was 59 degrees the other morning...winter is HERE!
                          SweatMachine

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
                            I tried the Chunky soup tonight, not bad! Hii sodium though, but very tastey!
                            Yeah, I forgot to mention that. You definitely can't be too worried about the sodium intake.

I'm gonna be trying the alfredo. That sounds good.
                            CrossFit Champions
                            Champions Combat Arts

Comment

I ruined the taco meat idea for myself already.

The soup idea sounds very promising. Actually I'm gonna start scouring for some soup recipes to make myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X