Temperature of Room when training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature of Room when training

I workout in my basement at home. Its getting cold where I live (Ontario, Canada, I have the same whether as Detroit, MI, so I don;t live in an igloo,lol). Its 60 degrees in my basement. I usually workout in just shorts & shoes without a t-shirt. I don't mind the cold. I know that you want your muscles warm when lifting, I'm wondering if the temperature of the room effects this? I'm just wondering if I should wear more clothes and/or get a space heater?

Thanks

Yes you should stay warm to avoid injuries and to keep blood in the muscles you are training.

Get a space heater and a sweatsuit bro,before you tear something.
    The Phoenix Rising

Comment

I would agree you should try to keep the muscles warm. I usually wear a sweatshirt over a t-shirt and then take it off if it gets too hot.

Comment

I wouldn't bother with a heater unless the cold temp got really uncomfortable. Just start out wearing cloths that keep your muscles warm at first. As you get warmer from exercising, you can always take some clothes off to stay comfortable.

Comment

I like it very warn when I train. I used to train in a gym that was in a warehouse that didn't have air conditioning. I got used to training in hot temps. Now I even wear a sweatshirt on the hot day during the summer. I can't even function in the gym if it's cool in there.
          Any views or opinions expressed in this forum or in personal correspondences are purely for entertainment purposes and are obviously the product of a deeply troubled mind.

Have a nice day.
          Saturn……

[email protected]

Please visit our Sponsor

Custom Nutrition Warehouse

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by iamcanman33
            I workout in my basement at home. Its getting cold where I live (Ontario, Canada, I have the same whether as Detroit, MI, so I don;t live in an igloo,lol). Its 60 degrees in my basement. I usually workout in just shorts & shoes without a t-shirt. I don't mind the cold. I know that you want your muscles warm when lifting, I'm wondering if the temperature of the room effects this? I'm just wondering if I should wear more clothes and/or get a space heater?

Thanks
            It is getting cold here..... I have to say I don't mind it, my gym is always too warm during the summer, and its just right during the winter.
            Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Yes I grew up in the same hole in Detriot, anything below 48" down in the ground is 52 degrees, I always dressed warm when I lifted in my basement, now I live in a warm climate and I still dress warm, you need to stay warm when training, summer or winter...
              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Thnk thats bad....Let me tell you about the temperature of my bedroom when I woke up this morning...Jeez.....SOMEBODY thought it would be a good idea to leave the windows open last night but shit...if I wanted to freeze my nuts off I would have stayed in England
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                  Thnk thats bad....Let me tell you about the temperature of my bedroom when I woke up this morning...Jeez.....SOMEBODY thought it would be a good idea to leave the windows open last night but shit...if I wanted to freeze my nuts off I would have stayed in England
                  You tell him that just because he can out squat and deadlift you, he still needs to be considerate of your feelings and not open the window without asking you.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Skip
                    You tell him that just because he can out squat and deadlift you, he still needs to be considerate of your feelings and not open the window without asking you.

Skip
                    bwahahahahah,

LMAO.
                    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

I like the Underarmour Heat Gear and Gym HardWear Extreme Gear longsleeve shirts for cold temp
                      Throw on a BIG SHIRT over them and they will keep you warm AND wick away the sweat.

Hint: buy your shirt 2 sizes up
                      Lift big 2 get big
                      TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
                      mod at bodybuilding.com
                      mod at iron-forum.com
                      mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
                      So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
                      "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
                      Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I think that wearing more clothes has helped me.

I had Under Armour leggings that I bought a while ago and never thought about wearing them for working out. I used them on leg day and wore wind pants over top and was not cold at all. Of course no stores in my area sell Under Armour.

Comment

I managed to pick up my underarmour gear on ebay for about 60% of what it sells for in the stores or online.
                          I have the "Turfgear" longsleeve and, while it is not coldgear, it definitely keeps my warm, just wear a bigtop or sweatshirt over it for when you start to sweat.
                          Lift big 2 get big
                          TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
                          mod at bodybuilding.com
                          mod at iron-forum.com
                          mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
                          So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
                          "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
                          Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

Working...
                          X