Protein during eat meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein during eat meal

I'm curious if anyone goes as far as trying to eat equal amounts of protein at each meal during the day. If you're eating 300 grams of protein over 6 meals are you trying to each 50 grams with each meal?

Most of my solid food meals are around 40-50 grams of protein and then my shakes are between 65-85 grams.

Would there be any significant benefit to getting equal amounts during each meal?
    Last edited by mark mcgwire; 11-09-2004, 10:45 PM.

yes I try to keeep them somewhat balanced.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

well when ur a zealot bodybuilder whos meticulous about it, then yes there is some benefit from it, its called having peace of mind...lol...at least for me.. i eat between 320-330g of pro a day...and i split em up evenly as well as i could thru the day...

damn did i read that correctly? 85g shake, wow...thats alot, how much u weighin big guy?

Pudge
      " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"

Comment

Yep. Other than the post workout meal/shake, which is higher in protein than the other meals, I take in about the same amount at each meal across the day.
        CrossFit Champions
        Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Originally posted by pudge
          damn did i read that correctly? 85g shake, wow...thats alot
          I have one shake a day that's 3 scoops of trueprotein WPI (28g/scoop). The others are about 65g.

Originally posted by pudge
          how much u weighin big guy?
          With all of the big guys we've got here I'm almost ashamed to admit....185 lbs. I just started eating some extra things so I should be pushing 200 in a couple of months.

I'm trying to eat as much as possible right now, so I'm concentrating on eating extra chicken, lean ground beef, etc to keep the calories up, but I've also managed to eat more carbs than I'd like to eat (oatmeal, potatoes, and beans). We'll see how things go by the end of the month before I make any big changes to the diet.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

I try to keep the protein content approximately the same at eac meal also.

The body thrives on routine!!!
            The Phoenix Rising

Comment

i find it hard to get about 450-500 Grms on a 50-60 a Meal Routine.

so some of my Meals Hit 85-100+ Grms a Meal.

of course They are Mixed Types (Whey, Meat Etc.)

Comment

I also split my meals and try to put down 125grams of protein per meal just for convenience sake.Nothing worse than getting to the end of the day and realizing that you're 200grams short of your protein intake goal for the day with only one meal left before bed and it's easy to let that happen....Being short 15-20grams of protein at a few meals and you're caught playing catchup the rest of the day. Some of the guys here go with more protein when they have a shake than when they have solid food meals it seems and I think that makes sense in a lot of ways. I'm speculating that it's a lot easier for your body to digest 100grams of a high quality protein powder than it is to digest a lb of chicken.Regardless I find that I have to have some kind of shake with every meal I eat.I just don't have the appetite to put away 20oz of chicken/steak etc at each and every meal.So protein shakes are a Godsend
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

i know what you mean, it really sucks when you are about to Have your Meal and go to Bed and you find out you are that low in Grms. lol.

also i am a Major Depender on Protien Shakes!! almost to the Point where im Mixing One with every Meal.

Comment

I'm trying to hit 600+ per day so I just eat until I think I'll puke, then I east a little more. Usually averages about 100g's per solid meal and 110g's per shake if I use milk. I don't worry too much about the exact amounts. As long as I'm getting all my meals, I'm dam close to the daily goal if not over. With that said, I'm stuck at 295 now for a couple weeks, so I guess I need to EAT MORE! Strength is just exploding though, so I'm still happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thors
                      I'm trying to hit 600+ per day so I just eat until I think I'll puke, then I east a little more. Usually averages about 100g's per solid meal and 110g's per shake if I use milk. I don't worry too much about the exact amounts. As long as I'm getting all my meals, I'm dam close to the daily goal if not over. With that said, I'm stuck at 295 now for a couple weeks, so I guess I need to EAT MORE! Strength is just exploding though, so I'm still happy.
                      why are you wasting time here while you could be Eating!! :dcchomp:

Comment

Lol I was eating while I was typing!

Comment

Me Too!!lol.

Comment

I find it much easier to prep my food as well for each meal, knowing I am getting say 90g of protein or more per meal.

ie.

I eat 1.5 tubs of cottage cheese, I get 90g of protein.
                            I eat 3 cans of tuna, roughly close to 90g of protein.
                            Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

yeah that is a good idea. but would be Spendy for all that CC.

Comment

Working...
                              X