discipline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discipline

Bodybuilding is ALL about self discipline, motivation, will power, and determination.
    I do not care who you are, new things are always learned and implemented into training and dieting. If you do NOT take constructive criticism well or can not take the time to listen to others advice and use it to your benefit and or discard what you do not find worth while to yourself, then good luck to you.
    If I have missed something or you want to add or just say I am a dumb mofk'er
    I can take it. So with that being said rock on fellow IM.COM brother and sisters :rocker:

Ah, discipline. The main ingredient you need if you wish to succeed. It is such a rare commodity to come by. A lot of people think they have it, but don't. I fool myself many times thinking that I really got what it takes. Who am I kidding? I am as hedonistic as they come.

PEACE
    BS...
    ARE YA READY KIDS
    AYE AYE CAPTIAN
    I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!
    AYE AYE CAPTIAN!!!!!

OOOOHHHHHH
    who lives in a pineapple under the sea
    SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS
    yellow absorbant and porous is he
    SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS
    if nautical nonsence be something you wish
    SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS
    then drop on the deck and flop like a fish
    SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS
    SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS
    SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS
    SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS!!!!!!!

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ntrllftr
      Some advice: you can't be a p*ssy and get somewhere, suck it up.
      Bottom line IF YOU HAVE NO DISCIPLINE YOU WILL NEVER BE A BODYBUILDER PERIOD, next
      Bodybuilding is ALL about self discipline, motivation, will power, and determination.
      I do not care who you are, new things are always learned and implemented into training and dieting. If you do NOT take constructive criticism well or can not take the time to listen to others advice and use it to your benefit and or discard what you do not find worth while to yourself, then good luck to you.
      I can take it. So with that being said rock on fellow IM.COM brother and sisters :rocker:
      Theres a huge difference between giving contructive critism and cutting someone down at the knees. A little tact and couth go a long way. There's some Bro's on this Board that are pretty accomplished in the science of BB'ing and know volumes about this sport. I think I can safely say you wont hear one of them delivery crushing commentary to someone seeking constructive critism. They tell them the truth without ripping their guts out. Its called Having "Class".

To be quite honest with you- youve been a little harshon a brotha a time or two. Whats up with that? Does your resume read sowell that you have the right to bitch slap someone with your critism? If you are so accomplished, I appologize- I had no idea you were among the ranks of Skip, Homonunculus, DC, Kidrok,and many others here at Intensemuscle.

Actually Id like to call your bluff- What have you done to have earned the right to look down your nose at a Bro trying to achieve his goal, and rip into him, belittleing him as well as possible destroying his self confidence?

HMMMMMMM.

Please select your words in your response carefully as Im quite apt to ban your ass in a heartbeat by the power vested in me.

Might I suggest taking a more kinder/ gentler approach to critiqueing someone whom you feel is less acommplished and les educated as yourself.

We would really like to maintain Intensemuscle.com's reputation as a Board that everyone enjoys and doesnt fear being flamed or direspected. A Board that you CAN get truely constriuctive crticism.

That being said, have a pleasant day and have a great workout.

Your friend and "super" moderator--Sweatmachine.
      Last edited by SweatMachine; 11-06-2004, 06:08 PM.
      SweatMachine
      (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

I truly didn't mean it the way people took it. I guess it is all in the way you read something.
        I AM NOT ANY BETTER THAN ANYONE ELS. nuff said about it .

Comment

I'm all in...........also smell a "bluff"..............reply?
          Livin' for the pump

Comment

Excellent post, Sweat.
            "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
            Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

I will gladly get in here.

First, you are too busy patting yourself on the back for a job well done that you forgot THE most important trait and are misguided on a few of the one's that you did happen to mention.

PASSION comes before anything and everything. In fact, it negates most of the traits that you have listed below. Why? If you are passionate about something, you don't have to motivate yourself. The goal is the motivation. If you are passionate about something, there is no such thing as will power because you do what has to be done, again, to reach your goal. Discipline is probably the funniest one that everyone likes to use because alot of people tell US that we are so disciplined. I guess if someone tells you something enough, it is real easy to believe it.

There is no discipline in doing something you love. There is only discipline in doing something you do NOT enjoy doing. Bodybuilding for me and for most of us has NOTHING to do with discipline. On the other hand, if I decided to go back to college, it would take a ton of DISCIPLINE because that is the last place I want to be right now - whether it is in my best interest or not. Of course, the same people that are stroking your ego when they tell you that you are so disciplined are simply saying this due to THEIR lack of understanding that you have a passion for what you do. They see what we do as a chore or torture or simply something they couldn't do. That being said, it would take discipline for THEM to do it.

Just my opinion......

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I see that it IS easy when using ROIDS. good luck then. And I thought people here really wanted to better themselves. thats all i have to say.
                I GUESS I DO LOOK DOWN MY NOSE AT USERS. GOOD BYE

Comment

No, you thought everyone was going to agree with you. I thought you could handle feedback?

Don't forget that by your own admission, you aren't using gear simply because you got caught. Otherwise, you would be "on", wouldn't you?

If you need a pat on the back, just say so.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

geez the guy realy knows how to make friends hu....lol
                    True Protein discount code EDC256. Save now!

Comment

Criticism

I am fairly new to the board in regards to my post #'s. I frequent the board everyday I can reading, learning, etc. I haven't come across the attacks that NTRL apparently threw out. As far as his 1st initial post on this thread he is right on. BUT, Sweatmachine is right on in knowing the difference in criticism and cutting someone down. It is a fine line sometimes. Also depends on who it is coming from at other times. Anyting I put up on this board is subject to criticism, good or bad. When I do post, I keep my comments simple and in a way that can't considered rude, becasue of the respect I have been given from the others here. I don't want to disrespect anyone here that hasn't done the same to me

foos

Comment

Guess he can dish it out but not take it.

Welcome to the board foos.
                        Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
                        Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
                        www.TrueProtein.com
                        *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Working...
                        X