A Little Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Advice Needed

Im wondering what i could take(suplement) to lose a few pounds?
    I do about 40 mins of carido a week alredy, but my appatite is hudge(no self disipline) What is good to help curb this safely? Will it mess with my mass?
    I LOVE PLAYING THIS GAME, CALLED BEATING THE LOG BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me rephrashemy last post. Try to manage a better eating habbit.
    Last edited by ntrllftr; 11-06-2004, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IWANABRIPPED
      I do about 40 mins of carido a week alredy, but my appatite is hudge(no self disipline) What is good to help curb this safely? Will it mess with my mass?
      you wana be ripped and you only do 40 minutes of cardio a week? Maybe try 40 minutes of cardio 4-5 times per week. And if you truly wana be ripped, you WILL learn some self discipline when it comes to your diet. Clean up your diet, add some more cardio and you will loose some fat. Keep a cheat meal **one meal a week** to help maintain your sanity.

good luck
      "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

by the way, I wouldn't suggest any supps right now. You clearly haven't even really tried to get ripped without them.
        "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Welcome to the board bro, I suggest you start reading,

There is lots to read and learn on here, use that search button and your sure to find what you need.

I will say that disipline is key to being ripped and adding mass, a almost stubborn like personality really.
          Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Originally posted by ntrllftr
            Some advice: you can't be a p*ssy and get somewhere, suck it up.
            Bottom line IF YOU HAVE NO DISCIPLINE YOU WILL NEVER BE A BODYBUILDER PERIOD, next

Damn Bro! Goes easy on the guy!
            SweatMachine
            (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

didn't mean to YELL at ya, just trying to get my point across. alrighty
              Now go get some iron pumpin!

Comment

You'll need to start with your diet first then add in cardio to lose the weight. You'll have to be discplined in your eating or you'll fall short of your goals bro, no supplement is going to work if you don't have your diet in check. If your willing to make a change, post your diet here and we can help you adjust it to get you going in the right direction.

R

Comment

thanks for the motovation,but its not like i live off fast food. Im 6'1 and 190 lbs occasionally splurgeing at the wrong time. Ive been training for about 9 months and have made great progress. Hey ntrlftr you are what you eat, di*k
                  I LOVE PLAYING THIS GAME, CALLED BEATING THE LOG BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks for the motovation,but its not like i live off fast food. Im 6'1 and 190 lbs occasionally splurgeing at the wrong time. Ive been training for about 9 months and have made great progress. Hey ntrlftr you are what you eat, di*k
                    Nope, I just have discipline to strive unlike others. Just trying to kive ya a kick in the pants.
                    Last edited by ntrllftr; 11-06-2004, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Ok now you made me feel guilty.
                      What do you eat and when. We can try to adjust.
                      40 min of cardio a week will not be enough.
                      I STILL say Nobody can be a pansy in this sport and get anywhere. ANYONE DISAGREE????

Comment

Hey ntrlftr you are what you eat, di*k
                        Hey no flaming here ok?
                        Damn.
                        Massive G
                        Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

I agree- no flaming but I think it may have been provoked.... cool the shit Bro's
                          SweatMachine

Comment

IWANABRIPPED

I'll give you my 2 cents worth....

20mins of cardio in the AM on an empty stomach and 20mins of cardio in the PM everyday while dieting always works for me.

as far as diet
                            eat 6-8 meals per day
                            - to maintain muscle mass try 2 X your lean bodywieght in protien
                            - 200g carbs on day 1 --- 150g carbs on day 2--- 100g carbs day 3 ---- then repeat
                            get about 10g of good fat per meal- olive oil, safflower oil, flax oil, or natural peanut butter.
                            -No carbs after 6pm

Watch the soduim
                            Drink at least 1 gallons of water per day

Train heavy as you can with a few more sets than normal more

remember when your dieting if your hungry, your body is looking for fat to burn- thats a good thing.

use veggies or salads to fill your hunger.

This is basic stuff, no secrets told here, but it does work.

Good luck and remember its consistancy that makes all your efforts count.
                            SweatMachine

Comment

Sweatmachine & GnB gave you some good advice. If I were you I'd start there. Definitely up the cardio & if you have such a huge appetite then look at what you're eating. Get rid of the sugar & if you feel the need to snack all the time, choose raw veggies or fruit instead of chips or little debbie snacks. It is ok to cheat but you gotta limit how much you do cheat so plan your cheat day ahead of time.

Self discipline doesn't come easy for everyone. For instance, I am naturally thin & have a high metabolism. I can literally eat what I want, when I want, not excercise a lick & still have the weight fall off me. It wasn't until I realized that my habits now will affect my health later on I finally started logging my diet & activity. That's when I realized my habits needed to change.

Your goals are different than mine but I compeletely understand the lack of discipline. I really think that once you start writing down what you're doing & actually study it, your mind will start to think on a different level. Plan out your meals & your activities if you can. If you plan out your meals every week & throw that cheat meal in there you will probably have a better chance of sticking with your goals because there is a plan & you see it there. It's something on paper you have to commit to.

My problem was if I didn't see it written out on paper what I was planning to do, then I had an excuse to sway from my goal. Set your goal & write it down & the steps it takes for you to get there. Post it on your fridge, your bathroom mirror, somewhere you will see it all the time.

Stay here at IM & you'll get the support you need from the guys & gals who really want you to succeed at your goals. This is a great board for support & as you can see the mods here take the flaming seriously & don't let it happen. Follow the GOOD advice given from these guys & you will meet your goals, I am sure of it. Best of luck to you! :smooch:
                              Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

Working...
                              X