Using PAM cooking Spray ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using PAM cooking Spray ???

I've heard that lots of folks use PAM prior to going on stage. I have some questions:

1) Where should it be applied? Everywhere? Certain places?

2) How should it be applied? Sprayed then rubbed in? Just Sprayed on?

Thanks,

Spark

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Some will say spray, rub down, and then wipe(pat) off the excess with a towel.

Another gal that help alot at the National shows says to spray in hand and then pat onto the body.

Either way, don't want to have too much on.

Comment

what kind of tan are you using?
      I imagine Pro Tan? If you are 8-12" away all over body and pat evenly.
      as hardkor says don't use too much. Just enough to shine a little.
      or you kan use baby oil works just as good. no need to buy the expesive stuff.

Comment

Bro, I keep shooting you down but.... Jeff Taylor does not allow an aeresol sprays like PAM at his venues. It is one of his strict rules that will get you booted from the show if you do.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Good to know!... I really was hoping baby oil would be enough. Lots of folks said that I should us PAM instead. I'm going with baby oil then!

: )

thanks for the heads up!

Spark

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Comment

Skip is right about the Pam backstage.....but many competitors will use it right outside the back doors....just don't want to stay out there too long cuz' it'll get cold with the Colorado weather.

Comment

hey skip, who the hell is jeff taylor? and why wouldnt he allow something so helpful like pam in his venues? baby oil sucks if u ask me. sorry but it gives the athlete a bad shine...u know that shine when u see a guy come on stage and he looks like he just jumped into a tub of oil..that kind of shine...here in south florida they laugh at u if u use that stuff on stage, people notice it immediately..pam is the way to go my friend... spray it on and rub it on swiftly... pat with a towel for the excess, u should be fine and it gives u a good shine, not exaggerated shine like baby oil.... i dont mean to bash all the baby oilers here, sorry..

Pudge
              Last edited by pudge; 11-04-2004, 07:26 PM.
              " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"

Comment

baby oil is usually only used for photo shoots I thought. I personally like muscle juice.

Ed
                True Protein discount code EDC256. Save now!

Comment

personally I don't like to spend the money on the muscle juice. It soaks in and can't even tell that any is on from personal experience. The baby oil is best used if you
                  put it into your hands and rub them together then pat it on to the body.
                  Dab off where it looks too shiny. Pudge is right too much is bad tho.
                  Experiment and find out what works best for you. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Muscle juice sucks in my opinion,but I do like Hot Stuff vasilodator, or baby oil.

If you use baby oil, rub it in good, and don`t overdo,it should just highlite the body not shine like crazy, or it`ll blur your definition under the lights.
                    The Phoenix Rising

Comment

thats exactly what happens with baby oil...Ski, u are so rite... why risk blurring ur definition under the limelite when u could just use pam and make u look like an all-star! lol... do whatever u feel is rite for u sparky...wish u luck bro, kick ass.

Pudge
                      " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"

Comment

newbie alert!! Why use baby oil or pam..? I thought most people use like protan, jana tan(i think) when they go on stage.. no? Or do the pros only use this?
                        Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

Originally posted by pudge
                          hey skip, who the hell is jeff taylor? and why wouldnt he allow something so helpful like pam in his venues?
                          Jeff Taylor is my father you dickhead. *shakes head*

Okay, just kidding. hehe

He is the Rocky Mountain NPC guy. Puts on great shows in the area and is a very nice guy to talk with, too. It isn't HIM as much as it is the venues. We have contest here in venues that are top notch (Denver Performing Arts Complex) and it is the venue that says that if you get oil all over our fucking curtains and walls you won't be invited back AND you have to pay for the cleaning of these curtains.

PERSONALLY, I think PAM isn't the best idea as it is simply canola oil. It is no less shiny that baby oil if too much is used.

You want a good, thick oil that doesn't shine hardly at all or run when you sweat??

I bet you would but I ain't telling. LOL

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by lionel
                            newbie alert!! Why use baby oil or pam..? I thought most people use like protan, jana tan(i think) when they go on stage.. no? Or do the pros only use this?

UMMMM.... You answered your own question. Oil is oil and tan is tan.
                            They both serve their own purpose on stage.
                            And any peeon like me can use it.

Comment

how about 10W-30 motor oil, or better yet 20W-50 (it's thicker).

Okay, I'm kidding.
                              "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Working...
                              X