Help me out....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out....

Okay, I am new to the whole "knee wrap" thing so I don't know what to order from APT.

Hatfield says to have wraps that stretch to 20 feet. How in the hell do I know how far these wraps will stretch. 2.5meters is only 8 feet and some change. Will that size stretch to 20 feet or close??

I also don't know which knee wraps to get. Some are only 20 bucks or so and there are others for 45 bucks. Do I get velcro on them?? I have to specify whether I want velcro or not.

If someone can help me out here, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

send an email to Alan at APT and he can tell you what the expanded lengths are. I have the 2.5 meter wraps, got them with velcro but after a couple sessions cut the velco off with a razor.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I have the INZER wraps (the longer of the two they sell) and I don't like them. They are too stiff and for bodybuilding purposes, i think they're unnecessary. I actually prefer the cheap white Hardbinger ones. They're really elastic and stretch out a lot which makes them not only easier to put on but are way more comfortable. If you're planning on doing more reps, i think those are the best. They're also cheap and you can get them at pretty much any local sports store. Hope this helps!

Comment

See the Harbinger ones are way to soft and not wide enough for me, so I use them for my elbow wraps over the neoprene sleeves.

The idea of knee wraps is stability, so they need to be stiff.

I have never seen 20 ft wraps and why the hell would you need this much, no reason, 2.5 meters is more than enough...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Oh forgot, do not wash them this will break them down and they will not be as stiff and won't last very long...
          "That damn log book"

Comment

correct me if I am wrong... If you do DC training dont you do sets relatively quick?
            If so then correct me if I am wrong again... to use wraps it is best to re-wrap after each set and it would delay your next set? I am just trying to learn about DC so please be gentle with my questions. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ntrllftr
              correct me if I am wrong... If you do DC training dont you do sets relatively quick?
              If so then correct me if I am wrong again... to use wraps it is best to re-wrap after each set and it would delay your next set? I am just trying to learn about DC so please be gentle with my questions. lol
              We only wrap on worksets, and if you are doing say Squats you do your heavy set of 8-12, unwrap, catch your breath small break, add the weight for your next workset, wrap up, do your next set of a heavier 4-8.

Was that gentle enough?...
              "That damn log book"

Comment

dont get the velcro, it probably wont stay fastened. as far as the stretch, that depends on ur preference. some people like it to stretch more to give more rebound in the bottom, but like in-human said, i like my to be be stiff with not much give. it has more stopping power in the hole. the difference when whering them is when u put on the stiff ones, while tight while standing, they tighten up much more as u descend because they dont stretch out in the bottom.
                Follow your dreams but dont let your life become one.
                -Vander V

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                  We only wrap on worksets, and if you are doing say Squats you do your heavy set of 8-12, unwrap, catch your breath small break, add the weight for your next workset, wrap up, do your next set of a heavier 4-8.

Was that gentle enough?...
                  Gotcha Thanks. Yes gentle enough. lol

Comment

BB, Funny thing here is I did not order Velcro from APT when I got the wrist wrap and knee wrap package but they set me they velcro, hell I like it and it has not come undone yet, and I can do some lbs when it comes to legs...
                    "That damn log book"

Comment

Skip,

How in the heck do you overanalyze knee wraps? For your needs of what you said you wanted just about anything will do.
                      International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                      Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

here is a good one http://www.supplements2go.com/60kneewraps.html
                        and then here is a very good one ...most powerlifter prefer Redlines http://www.tritonnutrition.com/3010020.html
                        This girls walks up to me and says " My God you're good looking!"

I say" I know!"

She gets offended and says" WHAT?!"

I said " I know I am goodlooking!"

She said " You're also and ASSHOLE!"

I said " I know that too!"

Comment

don't know if i violated board rules with those links or not????
                          This girls walks up to me and says " My God you're good looking!"

I say" I know!"

She gets offended and says" WHAT?!"

I said " I know I am goodlooking!"

She said " You're also and ASSHOLE!"

I said " I know that too!"

Comment

Skip- the ONLY wraps Ive used while power lifting --RTO Pro Redline Knee Wrap
                            They are the best in my book-- you dont have to wrap them as tight as you can- just very snug will work for you. They are 76" long but I have no idea how much they stretch... 12 or 13 bucks for a set. GOOD SHIT IMO
                            SweatMachine
                            (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

inzner (sp??) has great wraps
                              I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Working...
                              X