Protan Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protan Question....

I'm sure this question has come up before on here and other boards, but since there are a lot of competitive bb's here on IM I was hoping to get some feedback on applying Protan before a show.

First of all, how many coats do you all use and how many days out do you start?

Second, how long do you let it sit before applying the next coat?

and third, do you take a shower after each coat has dried?

Lastly, for all you Protan users, what kind of oil do you use for the stage?

Any other tips/advice on Protan and stage Oil would be very helpful. I'll be competing in a few weeks and i see too many guys in shows showing up with poor color/oil, which i hope never to do!

thanks!

ok hardkor, lots of us here do it in many different ways with different methods.... if ur a white guy with pale skin, then ur gonna need to tan ur ass off, u got no choice there... dont mean to make the gringos feel bad here, lol...

anyway this is how i do it...i start tanning 4 weeks out ....im naturally tan, but i pay close attention to color cause it makes a big difference when ur up on stage..

i stop tanning on the tuesday before the show and i begin shaving my body on thursday morning....i apply 1 coat of protan thurs in the pm, and after it sets in i take a quick shower (which will be my last one until the show is over) and then i apply another coat on friday in the pm while i begin carb up...saturday before prejudging i touch up the protan and i touch it up rite before the nite show...thats ok for me cause my base tan is already good..

oil, let that go my brother...nowadays its better to use Pam cooking spray...it gives u a good shine without the exaggerated shiny look that takes away from ur cuts and definition...Pam is the way to go...

oh and another thing, wait til u get to the show before applying any of the protan to ur face...when u put it on with a small sponge (not a brush) about 20-30 minutes before going on stage it makes it look more natural and wont give u the appearance of having it on for days which makes u look bad...

pudge
    Last edited by pudge; 10-20-2004, 03:05 PM.
    " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"

Comment

Here's my method.

Thursday night after my shower one coat protan.
      Friday Morning Shower and apply one coat AM. 2nd coat at 3pm, thrid coat before bed.
      Saturday wake up early and apply one coat of Dream Tan (takes a long time to dry) at home
      About 30min before hitting the stage I’ll touch up with Dream Tan if needed.
      10-15 min before I use Jan Tana posing oil. I don’t use a lot and it is important to rub it into the skin.

I have a lot of Tattoos and this method hides them perfectly and gives me a perfect color.
      Information that bigpapapump presents is totally fictitious in nature and is presented for role playing purposes only. The opinions presented do not encourage the use of illegal substances nor take the place of professional medical advice

Comment

I start on Wed. and add a coat or two until Fri.,usually 4 coats or so.

Wear a long sleeve t-shirt and sweats to bed, and it will help take off any excess color and it kind of helps to even out the "tan".

I used to do the showering method as they(Pro-Tan),recomends,it is a waste,and you will never be dark enough.........and the darker the better in most cases for most people.
        The Phoenix Rising

Comment

I do pretty much what bigpapapump does. But only two coats of pro tan as a base with quick showers to get the excess off. If you can, Definitly try and get some Dream Tan
          it is the best stuff on the planet. There are 2 different colors mind you #1 is a little lighter and #2 is darker with a red tint to it. With the Dream Tan oils are not really needed since it has a shiny look to it. Take some pam just in case. And good luck in the show!

Comment

ok, i have a big problem with Dream Tan...the stuff is garbage, sorry to say it like that fellas...i dont mean to be a dick, but its just my opinion..it takes forever to dry and the stuff gets everywhere...it runs, and thats what makes it horrible... last show i went to, my boy Mike put some on and when we took it off it seemed like he never had it on..the stuff ran rite off his skin and it pretty much got all over stage...its crap...sorry Papapump, ur my boy and all but u know what im talking about...

pudge

Comment

yea, no Dream Tan for me. I know there are advocates of the stuff but there are way too many bbs that say not to use it. Supposidely, if not done right or on the wrong type of skin, it can actually take away from your definition. I also heard that some judges don't like the look of Dream Tan. Better safe than sorry.

Is showering even necessary? Doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose of getting darker??

Comment

Some people look real good in Dream Tan......I don`t!!

It`s not really supposeded to dry per se` ,not like Pro-Tan anyway where it stains the skin.

I agree that it can "blur" definition in some people, and at some venues the NPC is outlawing it as it get`s all over stage curtains and things.
                The Phoenix Rising

Comment

hardkor, u could shower if u feel like u need to take some excess off....but its a light 1 minute shower, thats it...just to take the excess off, not to feel clean..sorry but thats bodybuilding, lol... u dont really need to shower if u dont wanna...color is more important than feeling clean come show time... do what u gotta do...

oh, practicing it a few times weeks ahead of time would be good idea too..

pudge

Comment

P, Dream Tan is a mess and a pain in the ass, but it covers my tats like nothing else.
                    Information that bigpapapump presents is totally fictitious in nature and is presented for role playing purposes only. The opinions presented do not encourage the use of illegal substances nor take the place of professional medical advice

Comment

I've heard that you should put on 6 coats of ProTan, and use a blow dryer after each application.

I've also heard that a sun tan oil (Hawaiin Tropic) is good to use but you put it on quite a bit before the show and let it soak into your pores. If you put it on before going on stage, you look to "shiny" and your protan might run.

None of this is personal experience..

Spark
                      Last edited by Sparky; 10-21-2004, 04:45 PM.

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Comment

Those of you who have had problems with the Dream Tan how did you apply it?
                        I experimented different ways and if you PAT it into the skin It will last all day
                        and not run. Or It could be that my skin reacts to it well. I still say try it for yourself at home and see for yourself there hardkor. Good luck with whatever you do.

Comment

Working...
                        X