Things that mess up my stomach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that mess up my stomach

You might find this interesting, here are few things that I have learned about my stomach through trial and error in the last 1-2 years,.... here are the things I avoid to keep me digestion good in no particular order (it also keeps my energy up, if my digestion isn't great then I feel energy drained):

--vinegar...... not that obvious but still messes up my stomach somewhat.

--carrots mixed with meat....... carrots seem to disturb the digestion of meet somewhat for me,... a lot of onion can also do that slightly so I go easy on the onion.

--fruits mixed with meat....... most people don't notice a thing although this might not be the best thing to mix together but fruit just "stop" the digestion of meat for me and I feel terrible. So if I eat fruits I don't eat meat in the next 3 hours so it doesn't interfere with the fruits and if I eat meat I usually don't eat fruits in the next 10-12 hours. So on the day's I eat meat I usually eat fruit in the first half of the day and in the last 3 meals I can eat meat. Fruits and fish/eggs however is no problem.

One more thing, I'we noticed that when I used to eat waffles (I don't anymore, lol) I got a slightly umcomfortable feeling in my stomach, I'm pretty sure it's because the eggs in the waffles are a little raw somewhere and there is a stuff in the eggs that doesn't get digested unless they are cooked.

Hmm, I think that's all,..... ok on tip about water, I usually don't drink a ton of water in the first hour after a meal but when the next meals gets closer I usually drink more, especially in the last half an hour before the next meal, it seems to prepare the stomach pretty nicely for the meal,.... and also drink a ton of water when you wake up, your body is somewhat dehydrated after the night.

Anyway I need to :dcchomp:
    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Originally posted by Egill
    --carrots mixed with meat.......
    yeh not a good combo for me too. have no idea why.

My Training Log & Articles: www.powerlifter.me

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
      yeh not a good combo for me too. have no idea why.
      Nice that someone can relate to my experiences,... I was starting to think that I was some kind of an alien or that this was the most boring thread ever, lol.

I think that many people have slight problem with the food listed above but it's just not as obvious like when I eat f.ex. meat & fruits.

Comment

I have noticed that if I eat pineapple after a meat laden meal, it helps the digestive process considerably.
        Pineapple juice helps to break down the tissues and will speed digestion. This is why teriyaki steaks take less time to cook.
        Lift big 2 get big
        TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
        mod at bodybuilding.com
        mod at iron-forum.com
        mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
        So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
        "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
        Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

Originally posted by ctgblue
          I have noticed that if I eat pineapple after a meat laden meal, it helps the digestive process considerably.
          Pineapple juice helps to break down the tissues and will speed digestion. This is why teriyaki steaks take less time to cook.
          Yes I agree, pineapple juice has some enzymes that help with digestion (though I personally would get digesting problems mixing it with meat).

Comment

Originally posted by Egill
            Yes I agree, pineapple juice has some enzymes that help with digestion (though I personally would get digesting problems mixing it with meat).
            The enzyme is called bromelain. I have used it in the past with very good results. In fact, I can't think of one reason that I am currently NOT using it. lol

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
            X