pro-hormones vs oral steroids ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pro-hormones vs oral steroids ?

Stats: 28y/o, 5'9", 205lbs, 11%bf. Training for 10 years. Currently off cycle.
    My question is, would it be worth using a pro-hormone, such as methyl-D, for 4 weeks vs. using an oral steroid such as winsitrol?
    I ask this because from everything I've read about an oral alone cycle, most gains aren't kept from it. If this is true with an oral alone steroid, would a pro-hormone be any different? Or would it be worth while to stack an oral such as winsitrol with a pro-hormone like methyl-D??

Bottom line question: Would there be any benefit of me taking methyl-D for 4 weeks while I'm off, or would it be better to wait for my next cycle?
    Vet @ BeyondMass.com

Last edited by Tyson23; 09-30-2004, 04:55 PM.

Comment

IMO a 4 week cycle is NOT a cycle, and that is the main reason you hear about all these yo-yo's that don't hold bodyweight. The initial weight gained is mostly water, and about the time the true muscle gains are starting to happen, the so-called cycle is over.

Winny is weak as hell for most people. Don't expect much. M-1T works very well for most people but is quite side effect prone. If you can take the sides, gains are likely to be better than winny.

And if you want to do better ad some 4-ad. 4-ad works fairly well for give you a test base.

Iron Addict
      Last edited by iron addict; 09-29-2004, 10:37 PM.
      www.ironaddicts.com

Comment

I agree about the 4 week thing. Also, I go with the less and longer approach. Iron, I was told today that methyl-D will only work once then your receptors stop working to the compound. First, the guy telling me was dumber than a box of rocks. Second, that just sounds like you need to stop after a while is all. And finally it so new, who the heck knows. What do you know?
        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

I ran it for 4 months and I promise it was working the whole time--lol. There are so damn many receptor theories out there and the truth is, since the big pharm companies have nothing to gain due to the legal status, we just aren't likely to get the research done to prove these theories one way or another. I have heard by someone I trust very much that their research guy looked at methyl-d and found that it did not bind that well at the receptor, but yes, it still fits the receptor and will do it's magic. The reccomended doses are way to small IMO, and others in the know, but that is nothing new in the world of PH's. For liablity reasons the manufacturers are cuatious and I don't blame them.

Agreed that slow and steady wins the race and doing a lower dose for a longer period of time is likely to net you more keepable gains. If diet and training are dialed you don't have to mega-dose to get mega gains.

Iron Addict
          www.ironaddicts.com

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.
            International Elite Raw Powerlifter
            Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Working...
            X