got my blood work done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my blood work done...

Which i get done about twice a year.. i have not used Super supps yet but just get the blood work done anyways. Ive never had any problems at all and this time around doc said my cholesterol came back high. I believe he said i shoudl be belove 200 and mine was 220. So konw my parents are on my shit saying i need to stop eating all this red meat. I have to admit i dont mix up my protein sources to much i eat alot of ground beef lol. The doc just said to watch out becuase it can quickly start climbing up fast. I dont know much about this topic anyone with any suggestions or wanted to give there input on this. Thanks guys

Cholesterol may actually be misunderstood. The big key to look for as a predictor to heart disease is homocystiene levels. Homo actually corrodes the blood vessels...and it is a very real possibility that the body cranks up cholesterol production and starts laying down plaque in the diseased area to heal the damage.

Cholesterol is manufactured by the liver and is in fact the "mother" steroid of the body. Hormones are made from cholesterol....DHEA, tesosterone, progesterone, estrogen, etc. have specific pathways of being manufactured and the original source is indeed cholesterol.

One reason the cholesterol hype is still the rage is because it is medically acceptable and the RX companies make an absolute killing on these meds. They advertise all over medical journals such as the JAMA and others....and many docs get "educated" by these rags.

I have a link to a study that was published in the British Medical Journal that showed cholesterol readings are very innacurate as predictors of heart disease. Many people have extremely high cholesterol-like 700 plus-and have been healthy with that number for many years.

One MD that I subscribe to opinion wise-Dr. William Campbell Douglass, MD, has been adamant that most people that have heart attacks have cholesterol UNDER 200 as opposed to over 200.

Seriously, if I were you, I would find another doctor.
    [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
    Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

I see you are in NC...if you like I can send you some names of MD's and docs that use holistic and alternative therapies that do not necessarily subscribe to the cholesterol fiasco like the allopathic crew does.

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
      Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

try to find Dr. Mercola's website..just do a search on google, you should find it w/ no problem. He writes about the very study I mentioned on BMJ regarding cholesterol....

Comment

SS, One of the main reasons that no one seems to see is that your body will produce far more LDL and VLDL then HDL, so you are constantly fighting against plaque and its build up, and yes diet is a key factor when you have a predisposed high out put of cholesterol from your folks.

You know you have studied it your body does not want HDL in your system like it doesn't want to carry around muscle mass either...
          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

thanks for the replies .. im still pretty confused is that number to high that i have? if so is it red meat a big factor in this? Im actually in Florida now. But my doc didnt make it seem to be a big problem just said its a slight high and to watch it. Im getting scared now lol

Comment

its just the first time ever ive gotten blood work and them to have anyting negative to say ... always been perfect. Im 24 as well just incase that info is needed

Comment

its just the first time ever ive gotten blood work and them to have anyting negative to say ... always been perfect. Im 24 as well just incase that info is needed

Comment

Working...
                X