Problem with drinking too much...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with drinking too much...

I enjoyed going out once or twice a month with my wife, having two beer's before eating my steak dinner followed by a cup of coffee, and then calling it a night. Lately it's been four or six a couple day's a week. I know it's not good for my training and that I could turn it around at any time. Just a rant in which I know my IM Bro's could understand.
    2010 NPC New England - Open & Masters Light Heavy
    2010 NPC Cutler Classic - Open & Masters Light Heavy
    2001 INBF Constitution State - Open Middleweight
    2001 INBF Natural New York State - Open Middleweight
    2000 ANBA Natural Xtravaganza - Open Middleweight
    2000 NGA New England - Open Middleweight
    1999 NABF Maine Super Natural - Open Middleweight
    1999 NABF New England Super Natural - Open Middleweight

Originally posted by ChuckaZulu
    I enjoyed going out once or twice a month with my wife, having two beer's before eating my steak dinner followed by a cup of coffee, and then calling it a night. Lately it's been four or six a couple day's a week. I know it's not good for my training and that I could turn it around at any time. Just a rant in which I know my IM Bro's could understand.

Chuck, be careful with that! ...alcoholism is a progressive disease and will sneak right up on you without you knowing it! Prior to 9 years ago, my tolerance for booze was beyond belief. But now, I wake up remembering everything I did and feel great in the morning!
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Chuck,I`m a recovering alcoholic who drank 7 days a week around the clock in the lattter stages of my addiction.

As Heckman said,it is progressive, so be careful as with some people drinking a few times a week can turn into daily drinking after a time.

It sure ruined my life, and I have never felt better at 49 years of age.

Good luck my friend !!
      The Phoenix Rising

Comment

Originally posted by ski
        Chuck,I`m a recovering alcoholic who drank 7 days a week around the clock in the lattter stages of my addiction.

As Heckman said,it is progressive, so be careful as with some people drinking a few times a week can turn into daily drinking after a time.

It sure ruined my life, and I have never felt better at 49 years of age.

Good luck my friend !!

Congrats to you ski...I know how you feel!

Comment

Thanks guy's. I'm going "Cold Turkey" for awhile. I'll just eat something every time I want a beer.

Comment

Thanks Heckman,I know you`ve been there too from reading some of your other posts.

My best day drunk,is far worse than my worst day of sobriety.
            The Phoenix Rising

Comment

I finally came to the point that I just don't want to even have 1 drink, anymore. I hadn't drank for a year and I figured that if I had just one, I would end up having 12 so I just pass these days. It takes too much out of me and it takes my old ass too many days to recover.

My hat is off to anyone that gives up the bottle. It is such an easy and socially acceptable way to cope and that is why it is justified as okay "in moderation" by so many people. With it being related to so many deaths, diseases and broken families, there is no excuse at all to drink, in my opinion. In fact, it is sad to me that I thought I needed to drink to have a good time and if you say that you don't need to drink to have a good time, ask yourself what the reason is as to why you drink, then.

Be cool and set a good example. ; )

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Skip
                I finally came to the point that I just don't want to even have 1 drink, anymore. I hadn't drank for a year and I figured that if I had just one, I would end up having 12 so I just pass these days. It takes too much out of me and it takes my old ass too many days to recover.

My hat is off to anyone that gives up the bottle. It is such an easy and socially acceptable way to cope and that is why it is justified as okay "in moderation" by so many people. With it being related to so many deaths, diseases and broken families, there is no excuse at all to drink, in my opinion. In fact, it is sad to me that I thought I needed to drink to have a good time and if you say that you don't need to drink to have a good time, ask yourself what the reason is as to why you drink, then.

Be cool and set a good example. ; )

Skip

:iagree: 100%.....you are right on the money Skip!

Comment

Seems that i become a drunk when i get depressed and when i go on a clomid run. I always shape up after 2 weeks of boozing. Women are my problem to drinking if it was not for them i would never tough the stuff, but when im having problems i always resort to the booze.

Good luck
                  E
                  True Protein discount code EDC256. Save now!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ed
                    Seems that i become a drunk when i get depressed and when i go on a clomid run. I always shape up after 2 weeks of boozing. Women are my problem to drinking if it was not for them i would never tough the stuff, but when im having problems i always resort to the booze.

Good luck
                    E
                    Sounds as though you amy be heading down a wicked path.......be very careful my friend!

Comment

I've heard that alcohol causes problems with testosterone production... don't want to mess with that. Perhaps not in moderation, but certainly with abuse.

Spark

Romans 1:16-17

:director: for 5% off products from trueprotein.com, use the discount code MWD888

100% doing it myself and 100% accountable for what I do. No excuses. -- Sparky

Find a seasoned mentor and learn. My biggest improvements have come not from hours of tedious research, but by listening to those who have been in the trenches -- Sparky

Judges expect muscle but respect conditioning -- Sparky

Comment

I've only had 2 beer's since starting this thread. So much for "Cold Turkey", but the real test was stopping at 2.

Thanks for the support

Comment

You cut back & that is awesome. I know it's not easy to do. I won't go into details, but I know what it's like to live with someone who can't stop drinking. Way to go. We're all here for you when you need the support!
                          Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

This is a great thread and the support on the board is awesome. CZ, I know what you mean about the real test being stopping after just 2. About 6 years ago, I would work out every day and then my post-workout meal, etc would be at the bar. Not too smart, eh? For a couple of years, I stayed away from even one drink. But, over the past few months, Ive moved again, blah family issues, blah excuse, and started again about 2 nights a week (but its been a couple weeks now). I dont get hangovers, which I 'guess' is good from a morning after issue, however its very rare I remember everything that happened the night before.

Im back in the gym and decided once again that I do not need this in my life. Skips post put it all in perspective for me, and I certainly appreciate that. The problem with me isnt having 1 or 2, its I cant stop or I dont know when to stop. I figure by not having that 1 or 2, I wont have anything to worry about. Tks...

-slide
                            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Slide,recognizing that you have a problem, and admitting it to yourself and others, as you have done here, is a huge step in the process of quitting.

Too many people are in denial.

Good luck and stay positive!!
                              The Phoenix Rising

Comment

Working...
                              X