X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFBB adding "modeling" now

This is just straight horseshit.

http://www.ifbb.com/2016/01/new-year...ort-divisions/

IFBB doesn’t give up in searching of new possibilities for presentation of the human physique beauty. This time it will also include the prettiness and sublime elegance. With the beginning of 2016, IFBB has introduced two new sport divisions: Fit Model Women and Fit Model Men. In both cases, less attention is paid to body parts and muscles details in favour of overall lines and shape of the physique, elegance of moving on the stage, style and attractiveness of presentation. All these features will be assessed during four rounds, a bit different for women and men:

Women:
    1. Prejudging – Elimination Round (Quarter Turns, swimsuit)
    2. Prejudging – Round 1 (Quarter Turns, swimsuit)
    3. Finals – Round 2 (T-walking, Quarter Turns, swimsuit)
    4. Finals – Round 3 (Individual Presentation, evening gown)

Men:
    1. Prejudging – Elimination Round (Quarter Turns, gymnastic shirt)
    2. Prejudging – Round 1 (Quarter Turns, gymnastic shirt)
    3. Finals – Round 2 (Quarter Turns, gymnastic shirt)
    4. Finals – Round 3 (Individual Presentation, casual sport wear)

Women’s T-walking as well as individual presentation (45 seconds) will allow women to show their bodies and their elegance in move and in a very special attire: long evening gowns. This will be a very attractive end of the finals. Men will also have their individual presentation but in casual sport attires: an unbuttoned fitness style jacket, worn directly on the body, showing the front of the trunk and abdominal section and casual style pants like jeans, khakis, corduroys, chinos, cargo, twills, etc. Something new and surprising on the IFBB physique sports scenes!

Women will compete in three body height categories: up to 163 cm, up to 168 cm and over 168 cm. There are also three categories for men: up to 174 cm, up to 180 cm and over 180 cm. More details in the Technical Rules available online on the IFBB website, in the “Rules” section.
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]

I thought this was a joke at first. I was on board with the classic physique addition but this is just plain sad. I can't imagine the product on stage will bring us anything more than guys who hardly train at all. Essentially they are taking away hard work from the equation and just giving an award to someone who was born looking good.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Hmmm
      Wow
      That's jus

Rediculous?
      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
      I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Finally! A category where having great hair pays off! What is a gymnastic shirt? Lol

I wonder if this will evolve like mens physique. ..where in the beginning, the guys were or appeared average build, but lean....to now where a lot of the mens physique guys are pretty jacked...still a far ways away from the top npc/ifbb bb'ers obviously though.
        2005 HOA Natural Classic
        2006 OCB Midwest
        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
        2008 HOA Natural Classic
        NPC Mid-Illinois
        NPC Midwest Open
        NPC Natural Grand Prix
        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
        USPA Illinois State
        NGA Heart of America
        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

Finally something i can win

Comment

It's just a matter of time until they release a Beer and Wings eating division. I'll be around to sign autographs when I go pro in that division.
              The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

I hear it's for the International divisions only, not in the US.
                -KidRok-
                "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

all about more $$$

Comment

You can imagine the judge's comments: "yeah he really nailed his sports jacket this year. He spent all prep with his trainer trying on different pants and different hairstyles, but the 12 week prep was worth it. And when he hit us with that Blue Steal look in the final round, it was game over"....

Will Skip or any other trainers be adding this to their contest prep services? I really need my face and shoes to improve this offseason.

Comment

If they have an "old and wrinkled" division I could win some hardware...lol
                      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by wannagetbig View Post
                        all about more $$$

Bingo
                        "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
                        ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnyrunt View Post
                          You can imagine the judge's comments: "yeah he really nailed his sports jacket this year. He spent all prep with his trainer trying on different pants and different hairstyles, but the 12 week prep was worth it. And when he hit us with that Blue Steal look in the final round, it was game over"....

Will Skip or any other trainers be adding this to their contest prep services? I really need my face and shoes to improve this offseason.
                          But Hansel still beat him and he had to settle for the silver because he can't turn left...
                          The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Originally posted by sampsellta View Post
                            But Hansel still beat him and he had to settle for the silver because he can't turn left...
                            Yes, we'll Hansel is sooooo hot right now. However I don't believe he is natty, he uses banned hair conditioning substances and used outlawed teeth whitening products. They need more "testing" in the sport.....

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
                              I wonder if this will evolve like mens physique. ..where in the beginning, the guys were or appeared average build, but lean....to now where a lot of the mens physique guys are pretty jacked...still a far ways away from the top npc/ifbb bb'ers obviously though.
                              Just goes to show you how much times have changed. Some of the men's physique guys, like you said, have a fair bit of muscularity. A lot of them have a build reminiscent of Frank Zane, which was good enough to win the Olympia almost 40 years ago. Now this is scoffed at.

I came across Labrada's posing routine from the '88 Olympia where he placed 4th and weighed 176 at a height of 5'6. He's in awesome shape, but would probably place last in an Olympia today for not being big enough. It's a shame.

Comment

Working...
                              X