Ws4sb3, mma training frequency thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ws4sb3, mma training frequency thoughts

Brief history I'm 37, been strength training of and on for years, have trained mma for years, been as heavy as 205 ,dropped down to 150> as a fight weight. I have a laundry list of injuries that I've learned to work thru, currently injury free however relatively weak. Almost 3 years ago meet my fiancé at the mma gym I was training at as the gym itself was shutting down. We have a busy life she is a RN, I work in a family business (cabinet shop ) 4 kids, to many household pets, a few farm animals etc. We have opened a mma/jujitsu gym aimed not at training cage fighters but training individuals and families. I find myself really pressed for time to strength train. Pretty much 3 days a week early morn.
    Personal goals are to add a little weight/strength back on my frame while training 4 days a week in jits bearing in mind a lot of that is time I'm giving instruction.
    I'm wondering on what people who have used the basic ws4sb lay out think of splitting the third template into a 3 day week with two upper one week and two lower the next? Or would you think it better to stick with one of the first 2 variations including only one lower per week?
    19dhart
    Last edited by 19dhart; 01-05-2016, 02:12 PM.

you may wanna give some full body workouts a try. they can work well for strength and fit into a busy schedule in case you miss a session or two. .

and as always you know the kind of training involved with mma stuff and these can be easily molded to fit that as well. in fact i just put together a routine for one of my bjj guys who wants to feel some heavy weight w/out affecting his grappling stuff.

your avi is sick btw....
    site owner of ironaddicts.com

Comment

Originally posted by exmgq View Post
      you may wanna give some full body workouts a try. they can work well for strength and fit into a busy schedule in case you miss a session or two. .

and as always you know the kind of training involved with mma stuff and these can be easily molded to fit that as well. in fact i just put together a routine for one of my bjj guys who wants to feel some heavy weight w/out affecting his grappling stuff.

your avi is sick btw....
      Thanks for the response
      Actually I bought an mma e book of yours probably around 5 years or so ago that had some really good stuff in it, but it was on a lap top that went south with an ex girlfriend.

And I prefer full body work, it just seams after I hit a squat and press variation it is hard for me to pull with any enthusiasm much less get any prehab /rehab work in.

I will try and look at setting up a full body a little more creatively as opposed to the typical 5x5.

Comment

Several ways to do it

no need to pull every time you squat. if you lifting 3xw you can just do a few singles on deads 1xw with an assistance pull one of the other sessions. on the day you pull singles maybe do from front squats or power cleans after that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
        exmgq
        Intense Set of the Month August 2007
        Last edited by exmgq; 01-06-2016, 12:50 PM.

Comment

you may wanna give some full body workouts a try. they can work well for strength and fit into a busy schedule in case you miss a session or two.
          "Word"
          Think I will do something along the lines of

Day1
          Squat variation
          Press variation
          Pull assistance

Day 2
          Deadlift variation
          Press variation
          Assistance

Day 3
          Squat variation
          Press variation
          Pull assistance

We do a fair amount of lunges, jumps, push-ups, sand bag clean and press etc at the mat room, so think that will pleasantly add to the weekly volume of work being done

Comment

Don't be afraid to do singles for deads on day 2

Comment

Don't be afraid to do singles for deads on day 2

Fear not. I love low reps.

Comment

That's as low as it gets. =0)