• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise question

What does a good cruise "workout" look like
    For some one on 3 way split

I feel I'm always in between going to hard or farting around lol
    Like 1-3 sets per bodypart of not going to failure in. Push pull leg format?

Jus wondering any help appreciated
    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
    I too like to live dangerously

My non-DC answer is I go it and do whatever I want that fits the lift/body part to be trained for the day. Preferably something that won't stress me out mentally too much. I just keep the weight and rest times down some, reps up and don't go anywhere near failure. Just enough to break a sweat and get a mini pump.

incline bench 3x10-12
    hammer machine press 3x10-12
    pec deck 2x20
    rope pressdowns 3x20

Nothing special for me. If I hit it harder it could even be a real workout of sorts. But I just keep it nice and easy. Now for the DC version of a cruise I know it was originally recommended as a time to take it a little easier but also try exercises out that are not on your current blast but you are thinking of incorporating in the future.
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
      What does a good cruise "workout" look like
      For some one on 3 way split

I feel I'm always in between going to hard or farting around lol
      Like 1-3 sets per bodypart of not going to failure in. Push pull leg format?

Jus wondering any help appreciated

Funny, I just said something like this to Jen on another post,
      Im doing the same split, similar exercises but same order.
      Im taking 2wk cruise....first cruise so bare with me.
      First round, all strip sets.....1 working set with 3 strip(like 10,10,15,15)
      Second round, all strip sets....1 working set with 2 strip (12,10,10)
      Third round, drop set....2 working set with one drop (15,15)
      If fourth round....May only do assistance work with 2 strip sets
      This keeps you moving, keeps lactate levels very high in the muscle.
      Im not going anywhere near failure, but I get pumped and feel good, I almost feel like im priming my body for the next blast. Energy levels are very high, Im also trying to keep carbs moderate with most being mid to high gi.
      Ive done this in between power-lifting routines, or if i just needed a break.
      Im also messing with grip, doing other moves that I like that dont fit well in blasting.
      Today I only used about 50% of 1rm for the start before stripping and I left the gym looking like a freaking monster....felt like eating truck tires too. Man was I pumped:bb:

PS.....keep in mind im a noob

Comment

I think this is a common issue - there is no set format for a cruise, it's whatever you want to do - but I've always felt that this lack of structure/ guidance throws people off and leaves them lost! I take comfort in having a plan in front of me! What I've personally done in the past is followed the "bro split", and well, trained like the bros I guess lol. Nothing to failure and lots of talking and horsing around between sets, doing the standard Monday is international chest day, Tuesday is back day, Wednesday is shoulders, etc etc, lots of cables and machines, just get a pump and a bit of a sweat going, do bicep curls in the squat rack, spend time in between sets taking selfies and fixing up your hair........after a week of training like this you'll be ready to train properly again.....or decide that you in fact enjoy training like one of the bros, and you wish to join their "Justin Beiber / jersey shore / somebody shoot please shoot me" little gang full time. Either or.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnyrunt View Post
          I think this is a common issue - there is no set format for a cruise, it's whatever you want to do - but I've always felt that this lack of structure/ guidance throws people off and leaves them lost! I take comfort in having a plan in front of me! What I've personally done in the past is followed the "bro split", and well, trained like the bros I guess lol. Nothing to failure and lots of talking and horsing around between sets, doing the standard Monday is international chest day, Tuesday is back day, Wednesday is shoulders, etc etc, lots of cables and machines, just get a pump and a bit of a sweat going, do bicep curls in the squat rack, spend time in between sets taking selfies and fixing up your hair........after a week of training like this you'll be ready to train properly again.....or decide that you in fact enjoy training like one of the bros, and you wish to join their "Justin Beiber / jersey shore / somebody shoot please shoot me" little gang full time. Either or.
          OMG you train at my gym
          I noticed today....i was the only one speaking english, so I missed out on the new bro sci......seriously
          Last edited by Colokrom; 12-07-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Many times, I don't even train/touch a weight during a cruise. In some cases, I don't even touch a piece of cardio equipment either. But, normally, for me, I try one, or a couple different exercises (for each bodypart) that I saw someone do in the gym, heard about here/online, read about, or something a friend told me about. Everything is light, many reps, and just enough to get the blood flowing.

-s
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

I go in an do an upper body and lower body split every other day with some cardio in off days. I usually do 3 sets per exercise and maybe 2 exercises per body part. The weights are very light and I try not to contract too hard. My CNS is usually the most beat up, as it should be.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
              *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
              •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
              *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Fortitude training has a pretty structured cruise protocol too. Given my other thread... I clearly need to read that chapter again. I think I wasn't taking my cruise seriously enough so it bored me. Pretty sure the next one will be improved.
                "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
                ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Thank u all for your responses!
                  I appreciate it...
                  I look forward to employing some ideas on my next cruise :-)
                  I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                  I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Working...
                  X