Way outside the box training & nutrition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way outside the box training & nutrition

I don't follow pro bodybuilding but every once in a while I stumble across something that catches my eye. It usually deals with something outside the "norm" which is what led me to DC training (this website) to begin with.

I am not sure how much of this is true but assuming the guy is not lying, his methods are WAY outside any established bodybuilding norm. It is said he only eats 3 meals per day consisting of a small amount of chicken, beans and rice and chugs fruit punch and soda pop. No protein supplements. He trains 3 hours a day, 7 days per week and his range of motion is literally only 4". He seems to take very long breaks in between sets, but both volume and frequency are high. Oh yeah, he doesn't have to train arms anymore either. And the dude is a beast.

Story here
    http://www.musculardevelopment.com/t...#.Vl3Klr_dJck/

Range of motion can be seen here
    http://www.musculardevelopment.com/c...l#.VmWm2bHTmUl
    Swaminator
    Intense Muscle Competitor
    Last edited by Swaminator; 12-07-2015, 11:36 AM.
    Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

A guy I have been training with on and off for 6 years has always trained with that ROM for his entire upper body. He's an old school guy, in his 50s, still jacked and lean and as far as I know has always trained this way. Just works the middle range of of everything, curls, dumbbell extensions, DB bench, shoulder press, etc. Legs he does the full ROM though. Just seems to work for him. It's all very very controlled. So I am guessing its about keeping tension.

Everything else is different though, he has a pretty typical split and eats pretty much like you expect an old school body builder to. He's certainly got some pretty good genetics, which can go a long way.

Comment

I would say this guy's genetics and "supplement" use goes a long way in regards to his style of training. Things we gets away with the average bodybuilder could not even if on gear. In regards to diet, I do not think it is that out of the box. I know I will get flamed for saying this, but diet has been drastically exaggerated in regards to building muscle. I think a lot of this has to do with the supplement industry's dissemination of the "1gram per pounds bodyweight" myth. Call me crazy but for the average person eating ENOUGH of good whole foods will do more than over eating just to get "big". This has been my experience at least. I focus on my programming to get stronger and bigger, and my diet to lose/gain bodyweight and fuel my training/recovery. I know this is not the orthodox way of thinking but it has worked well enough for me.

Comment

I think it's pretty common to see a lot of dudes abbreviating chest rom
        Maybe not that much
        But still short

I think it's awesome
        That dude jus does what works and does him

Shit I'm fixing to abbreviate mine lol
        That dude is gnarly looking
        I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
        I too like to live dangerously

Comment

most people in gym use short rom but its at the lockout...........worthless

Comment

Working...
          X