Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's training from IM have you "borrowed" from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's training from IM have you "borrowed" from?

I'll start; (off the top of my head)

Dante-only trained DC for 18 months but his thought process on poundage progression, exercise selection, unresponsive muscles in mechanically weak positions had a huge impact on my training philosophy...

Robb Hensel- LOL for awhile I just read his journal and did.most of what he did...he also turned me on to guys like CS Sloan, Chris Duffin and Jaimie Lewis (who has since gone insane)

Ken/Scott- I try to read everything these guys post training related. ..

Sammich- when I switched from bb'ing to powerlifting I messaged Sammi with a bunch of questions and he was very helpful

53 Greystreet- he doesn't post a ton but a goldmine of PL information

Nexa- lately she's the one im borrowing from...

Breck/TLopez- .....I just do the OPPOSITE of whatever these guys are doing

TLopez
    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
    17 AAU Super Total
    '16-AAU Hi
    '15-USPA Metro
    '15-USPA State
    '15-AAU HI
    '14-AAU HI
    '14-USPA Metro
    '14-WABDL Sonny's
    '14-USPA State
    '14-HI Strongman
    '13-USPA
    '13-WABDL Sonny's
    '13-USPA State
    '13-AAU HI
    '11-USPA Metro
    '10-NPC Stingrey
    '09-NPC Islands
    '09-NPC Stingrey
    '09-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA IronWorks
    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
    '01-ABA Olympia
    '01-ABA Islands
    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
    '00-INBF Musclefest
    '98-NGA Ill
    '98-INBF Ohio

Dante/Scott/Dave/dusty trained DC for a while

Later Robb h, truce, and t Lo were extremely helpful in answering questions and setting me up with 5/3/1

Brief stint in Westside barbell

Currently running skips Protocol

I had in the past run Dorians, dtp, and John meadows
    Though I don't consider this "intense muscle" people (possibly John meadows)
    Last edited by DC_catholic315; 11-05-2015, 07:32 PM.
    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
    I too like to live dangerously

Comment

I follow everyone every week that's why I make no progress, lol but not really

Comment

Nobody! I am selling a Brand New, New Original, Fricken HUGE, SWOLE, Kick Ass, Hardcore, Training program based on training principles that no one has tried and no one even knows about yet. For $8000 a month I will send you an Excel spreadsheet with all the details. Don't let this opportunity slip through your hands! I call it "MaxNat Nation!", but I don't want to give too much away...

Ok, maybe I borrowed a little from Dante, Scott, Skip, Rob, Massive G, Shawn, etc..
        And I do love the relationship between Skip, Elite and Dave and Scott and people like them who turned me on to Chris Duffin and other great powerlifters over there. I also PMd Trucelt when I switched over to PLing and he was helpful. Sammich is just an asshole, but I have "borrowed" from him as well... ;-)
        Last edited by MaxNat; 11-05-2015, 02:16 PM.
        "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
          Nexa- lately she's the one im borrowing from...
          #docswholift
          PGY-1 FM
          "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
            Nobody! I am selling a Brand New, New Original, Fricken HUGE, SWOLE, Kick Ass, Hardcore, Training program based on training principles that no one has tried and no one even knows about yet. For $8000 a month I will send you an Excel spreadsheet with all the details. Don't let this opportunity slip through your hands! I call it "MaxNat Nation!", but I don't want to give too much away...

Ok, maybe I borrowed a little from Dante, Scott, Skip, Rob, Massive G, Shawn, etc..
            And I do love the relationship between Skip, Elite and Dave and Scott and people like them who turned me on to Chris Duffin and other great powerlifters over there. I also PMd Trucelt when I switched over to PLing and he was helpful. Sammich is just an asshole, but I have "borrowed" from him as well... ;-)
            No need to purchase MaxNat's Training Program. I have posted it for free below:

Monday: Chest - Cables and machine only, whilst wearing lifting gloves and a beater.

Tuesday: Biceps - All performed in the squat rack, again with the gloves and beater.

Wednesday: Repeat Mon

Thursday: Repeat Tues

Friday: Crunches to spot reduce the stomach fat.

Sat & Sun: 27 beers in total - bud lite is OK since its lower cals.

Comment

All my training consists of drinking booze between sets.

Guess who I've borrowed that from?
              "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Skinny, you bastard! You just cost me dozens of dollars!! Although, that is my exact training program... for Skinny Runts!
                "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
                  Skinny, you bastard! You just cost me dozens of dollars!! Although, that is my exact training program... for Skinny Runts!
                  Don't yell at me! I've been wiring $8000 to your account each month for the last year for this program, and I want to share my acquired training knowledge with my peers!

I have been following the nutritional guidance from your program too - everyday when I visit McDonalds for my lunch I have switched from beef to chicken, because I am healthier now, and I now only get 4 toppings instead of the usual 6 toppings on my evening Pizza Hut meal everyday. I have cleaned my diet up.

Comment

For the majority of my "serious" training years, I pulled heavily/almost exclusively from Dante's line of thinking about training. My last hurrah was using Scott's FT. I mostly drink between sets now.
                    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

years ago, pulled everything from the DoggPound and read everything Dante wrote. When I was prepping for my PLing I really just followed my coach directives. Now I am full into the FT program but still pull quite a bit of information (an the occasional glute session) from 53Greystreet...I dig his style and approach.
                      "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
                      ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Working...
                      X