400lb of muscle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400lb of muscle

I was having a conversation with a friend and it brought up the question what would 400lb of muscle look like on a frame below 6ft and what would the health problems and daily complications of being that size?

I think the first daily complication would be time. As in, I'm not sure there is enough time in a day to create the stimulus for that and consume enough food (and let's be honest, drugs) to achieve, much less maintain that physique.

The heart keeping up with that size, would probably be an issue. It's hard for me to even theorize much beyond that.
    My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
      I think the first daily complication would be time. As in, I'm not sure there is enough time in a day to create the stimulus for that and consume enough food (and let's be honest, drugs) to achieve, much less maintain that physique.

The heart keeping up with that size, would probably be an issue. It's hard for me to even theorize much beyond that.
      My thoughts exactly. That is insane. It would be a full time job

Comment

It's so hard to imagine, outside of comic book super heroes, gorillas or mutants. I think it would be an unpleasant existence. Most likely brief at that. I wonder how many guys out there actually want to be anywhere near that large. I'm sure there are some - but they are not big enough to realize how miserable it would be. My largest was 183, at 5'6", average female frame. That's not big, but it was big enough to be uncomfortable.
        2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
        2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
        2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
        2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
        2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
        2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

FLEX ran an article back in '06 talking about how that could be possible with myostatin manipulation. The opening excerpt is on bodybuilding.com where they pose a hypothetical breakdown of Olympia competitors in the year 2041. The actual article also had shopped photos of Coleman, Cutler, and Badell and what they would look like in the 350+ range.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/flex_sep06_shock.htm

It's also the issue that had the interview between Dante and Greg Merritt.

Comment

Does anyone know what is the heaviest anyone below 6 ft has reportedly achieved in an offseason?
            2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
            2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
            2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
            2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
            2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
            2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
              Does anyone know what is the heaviest anyone below 6 ft has reportedly achieved in an offseason?
              I would guess Victor Richards or Trevor Smith.

Richards was allegedly 5'10 and 360
              Smith was allegedly 6' and 420

I don't know the accuracy of those claims.

Comment

Working...
              X