Weird Music While Lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Music While Lifting

I've been listening to classical piano and violin music throughout my college career while I study. About 2 months ago, I was at the gym and turned my music on and the classical music was still playing. It was a heavy squat day and I decided to just roll with the classical stuff. I found that it helped to calm me. Almost center me if you like. Rather than getting all wired and psyched, I found that sometimes I am better off to just get into a zen-like state before doing a heavy lift. I also found that it doesn't matter what I listen to because once the bar is in my hands/on my back, everything else is just static noise around me.

So does anyone else listen to some weird music while lifting?
    fat TODD
    Bantamweight Member
    Last edited by fat TODD; 11-02-2015, 02:44 PM. Reason: Typos
    The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

If u consider killswitch and sevendust wierd then yes
    Lol :-)
    That's interesting though
    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
    I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Fun anecdote:
      In one of my old gyms, they used to play satellite radio over the speakers. One day they had it on a classic rock station, where they were playing things that were OK for working out, like Steppenwolf, Boston, and whatnot.

I was halfway through a set of DB bench presses when all of a sudden Desperado by The Eagles came on. The sheer absurdity of listening to that while lifting made me start laughing so hard, I lost control of one of the DBs and it fell right towards my face. I ended up doing a Matrix-like dodge and moved my head out of the way.

YOU'VE BEEN OUT RIDING FENCES FOR SO LONG NOW
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

I have been listening to a lot of Pagode music lately, it is a subgenre of Samba. My girlfriend in Brazilian, and I guess I try to learn as much as I can about her native Culture. It is vert fast upbeat tempo music, which make me feel energized and positive about my surroundings. This puts me in a good frame of mind to crush my set.

Comment

Recently switched from hair band stuff to "chill" on xm. It's the dance music but not too electronic. Digging the change. Haven't decided if I'll keep it or not though.
          "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
          ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

I've had some great workouts to Jason Mraz, as well as Spanish guitar music, and atmospheric yoga type stuff. I focus better with more centering music/don't over-stimulate myself pre-set getting amped.
            2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
            2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
            2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
            2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
            2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
            2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

I sometimes like to listen to Sigur Ros while lifting heavy; I just Zen the weight up.
              Post-Metallica aggro stuff sounds like an injury to me.

Comment

I like listening to Wham while I lift

Comment

[YOUTUBE]A52--FKUQgU[/YOUTUBE]
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Not sure if epically awesome
                    Or awesomely epic.

Comment

I get really into my Skrillex radio station in the gym, but don't really listen to that kind of music anywhere else. It seems to put me in a state of really high, but steady energy, unlike a lot of rock which is simply background noise until a riff kicks in and it's like a quick kick to the ass.
                      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                        I get really into my Skrillex radio station in the gym, but don't really listen to that kind of music anywhere else. It seems to put me in a state of really high, but steady energy, unlike a lot of rock which is simply background noise until a riff kicks in and it's like a quick kick to the ass.
                        [YOUTUBE]f9cs1ikud30[/YOUTUBE]
                        #docswholift
                        PGY-1 FM
                        "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                          [YOUTUBE]f9cs1ikud30[/YOUTUBE]

Hahahahaha
                          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I liked Skrillex better when he was just Sonny Moore and was the lead singer for From First to Last.
                            The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

I've listened to digereedo sounds once. Once....

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                              *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                              •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                              *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X