Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

instant oatmeal vs regular? any major difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instant oatmeal vs regular? any major difference?

Which one do you guys eat?

Steel cut
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Instant is more processed than regular oats or steel cut oats. They claim the same nutritional information but this is similar to different types of rice that are more processed than others and have different GIs as well.

Personally, I believe that the instant oats aren't as good while dieting as regular oats or steel cut. The more processed a carb is the faster it hits your bloodstream. Instant oats are cut into smaller pieces, as well, and it is funny to me that the oatmeal industry will say how healthy instant is and that it is the same as regular oats but then in the next breath tell you that oat flour is not healthy. A bit of a contradiction.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I eat the slow cooked rolled oats. Used to eat the steel cut. Rolled cooks a bit faster than the steel cut and has a consistency I prefer. Both those options hold me longer with less blood sugar fluctuations than the instant.
        2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
        2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
        2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
        2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
        2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
        2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
            I eat the slow cooked rolled oats. Used to eat the steel cut. Rolled cooks a bit faster than the steel cut and has a consistency I prefer. Both those options hold me longer with less blood sugar fluctuations than the instant.
            Im a huge fan of the steel cu6 texture. I'm assuming slow cooker means crock pot?

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogwrestlr View Post
              Im a huge fan of the steel cu6 texture. I'm assuming slow cooker means crock pot?
              No, I just meant slow cooked as opposed to instant. Bring water to low boil, stir occasionally. It's cooked similar to steel cut, just doesn't take quite as long.
              2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
              2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
              2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
              2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
              2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
              2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

At my house, steel cut makes the best poop too 💩
                "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
                ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                  No, I just meant slow cooked as opposed to instant. Bring water to low boil, stir occasionally. It's cooked similar to steel cut, just doesn't take quite as long.

Got ya. Yeah instant is junk. Thanks.

Comment

Steel cut oats are minimally processed (ie. they are not flaked); regular oatmeal usually is flaked or otherwise processed.

Makes me want to cook up some oatmeal!

Comment

Working...
                    X