Does Stevia Affect Yohimbine HCL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Stevia Affect Yohimbine HCL?

If insulin negates yohimbine, how about Raw Stevia? Reading mixed opinions on the topic.

I wondered this exact same thing, however, I use truvia. I would assume due to the fact it does have carbs it would. I think its best just to take the yo on empty stomach first thing in morning with caffeine and water. Then you won't have to worry.

Originally posted by jwy5034 View Post
    If insulin negates yohimbine, how about Raw Stevia? Reading mixed opinions on the topic.

Comment

Some research suggests stevia may improve insulin sensitivity and a beneficial effect on blood glucose...

I'm sure this is pure stevia and not a stevia blended with other things like dextrose or maltodextrin
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Yes, raw stevia no calories

Comment

Found the answer for those who are wondering

"Pure Stevia Extract Powder by Kal 3.5 oz Powder Pure Stevia Extract Powder 3.5 oz Powder Product No unpleasant aftertaste and no calories. The steviosides should not adversely affect blood glucose levels in most individuals."

-straight off the label

Comment

Found the answer for those who are wondering

"Pure Stevia Extract Powder by Kal 3.5 oz Powder Pure Stevia Extract Powder 3.5 oz Powder Product No unpleasant aftertaste and no calories. The steviosides should not adversely affect blood glucose levels in most individuals."

-straight off the label
            Great..

Comment

As best I can tell, this is a misinterpretation of the notion that blocking alpha-2 adrenoreceptors with yohibine may enhance insulin secretion, which would thus inhibit lipolysis / promote lipogenesis.

AFAIK, insulin does not bind the adrenoreceptors or yohimbine or interfere with it's actions directly, i.e., on fat cell metabolism.

OTOH, if eating a low carb diet otherwise, and using yohimbine, potentiating insulin release when adding in carbs, and intending to cause insulin release, may be beneficial.

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                As best I can tell, this is a misinterpretation of the notion that blocking alpha-2 adrenoreceptors with yohibine may enhance insulin secretion, which would thus inhibit lipolysis / promote lipogenesis.

AFAIK, insulin does not bind the adrenoreceptors or yohimbine or interfere with it's actions directly, i.e., on fat cell metabolism.

OTOH, if eating a low carb diet otherwise, and using yohimbine, potentiating insulin release when adding in carbs, and intending to cause insulin release, may be beneficial.

-S
                WHY CAN'T YOU TALK LIKE THE REST OF US??

*sigh*

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  WHY CAN'T YOU TALK LIKE THE REST OF US??

*sigh*

Skip
                  Because it turns you on when I talk all sciencey like that.

-S
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                  2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                  2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                    Some research suggests stevia may improve insulin sensitivity and a beneficial effect on blood glucose...

I'm sure this is pure stevia and not a stevia blended with other things like dextrose or maltodextrin
                    Aha, and which study or research, any link ?

Never read about that ...

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                      Because it turns you on when I talk all sciencey like that.

-S
                      You know me too well. *roar*

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                      Instagram: @intensemuscle
                      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                      X