RIP Chris Genkinger (Chris250)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Chris Genkinger (Chris250)

Thoughts and prayers are with Chris Genkinger's family after hearing of his untimely passing today, August 24th.

I have no details outside of speculation at this point. If you have information that is solid and verifiable, feel free to post it. Otherwise, keep the conjecture out of this thread.

I had known Chris from the boards all the way back to the early 2000s and he always seemed like a humble, down to earth guy that was all about family. He would answer questions and help out just about anyone that he could. The bodybuilding community lost a good dude.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Wow! Sorry to hear. He was always very humble and helpful. He will be missed for sure. Thoughts and prayers to his family.
    "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

I knew Chris thru Ko Chandetka and the St Charles Powerhouse Gym. In the early to mid 90's he was this young, good-looking kid who I thought eoukd be an IFBB pro. He was already big and had great shape. He was also humble, quiet and seemed pretty shy.

Made "big guys" look good. Always nice--never cocky or arrogant
      '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
      17 AAU Super Total
      '16-AAU Hi
      '15-USPA Metro
      '15-USPA State
      '15-AAU HI
      '14-AAU HI
      '14-USPA Metro
      '14-WABDL Sonny's
      '14-USPA State
      '14-HI Strongman
      '13-USPA
      '13-WABDL Sonny's
      '13-USPA State
      '13-AAU HI
      '11-USPA Metro
      '10-NPC Stingrey
      '09-NPC Islands
      '09-NPC Stingrey
      '09-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA IronWorks
      '01-NPC Paradise Cup
      '01-ABA Olympia
      '01-ABA Islands
      '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
      '00-INBF Musclefest
      '98-NGA Ill
      '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Didn't know him or of him as I haven't been around the boards for very long. Very sad though when this kind of thing happens. Who cares what the reason for his passing is. Doesn't change the fact there is a grieving family out there.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
        *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
        •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
        *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Seriously? Wow....unreal. He was definitely a humble guy and always willing to help. Damn....

-s
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

I'm sorry to hear. Very, very sad to hear
            I did not know him, but I wish the best to his friends and family.
            Last edited by 0001Delta; 08-25-2015, 09:56 PM.
            "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Sorry to hear about his passing

Comment

Chris trained me up until a couple months ago when I had the opportunity to work with Skip. First of all, I know he looked up to Skip and respected him greatly. He thought it was cool that I was getting the chance to do this. And it's worth noting that his humility was such that you would never know of his successes in bodybuilding (something that can unfortunately be rare in this industry).

Friday (Aug 28th) was his Celebration of Life service. There was one important, common theme. Chris gave so much of his time and talent to people. I consider myself fortunate to have worked with and learned from Chris. Even more so to call him a friend.

In the end, Chris250 left his mark in this world and is missed by many.

Comment

RIP Chris thanks for all the advice.

Comment

This is so sad. So many of the guys that I grew up with on the boards starting at elite all the way up to now are slowly passing. It is very humbling and makes me worry what it holds for me.
                    Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirkmoneyshot View Post
                      This is so sad. So many of the guys that I grew up with on the boards starting at elite all the way up to now are slowly passing. It is very humbling and makes me worry what it holds for me.
                      Agreed. It impacted me to the point where I pulled out of it all.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                      Instagram: @intensemuscle
                      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                      X