I can barely tolerate even READING threads on other boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can barely tolerate even READING threads on other boards

I swear I am not in a shitty mood and I have had a decent Monday (still Monday here as it is 1:30 and I am still working) but I just have to say that I will not go to other boards to post and then for some stupid fucking reason I start to think, "oh, it will be fine, no big deal". It slowly builds and then BAM all of a sudden I am arguing or responding to the dumbest shit just like I have tolerated for the last fucking 15 years that I have been on the boards. Christ ...

And it isn't just one board - it is all of them. I do the PED show so I feel obligated to post on PBB sometimes and god damn it if it isn't all the same shit like any other board out there. This isn't a slam on that board as much as THEY ARE ALL THE SAME and it makes me want to puke. I tire of smart-ass people being sarcastic and saying dumb shit. And then to make matters worse, I allow it to pull me in and I have to respond ... and then respond again ... and again ...

Yeah, we don't do the traffic that we once did but even when we were busy as shit, we didn't have all of that dumbshit being posted.

God I fucking hate the boards.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Maybe it's time to keep quiet and stay in the background and watch others argue and trash talk.

I did exactly this a long time ago on a Nissan tuner board I was apart of. You post one thing in a thread and all of a sudden there's 5 people flaming you for not doing a search or telling you to find a new hobby lol Next thing you know you are neck deep in a pointless debate that only infuriates you more every response you get and are checking the board every 20 minutes to make sure you can get a response in before there's 10 you have to respond to at once.

I like it here. I can ask questions and not have to rely on doing a search because there isn't necessarily a right or wrong answer like there is with car stuff. For the first time ever I feel comfortable on a board and like everyone on it.

Oh, can't wait for more Team Skip apparel. Thinking about any new designs at all?

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Sometimes I run a Google search that takes me to other boards if I can't find what I'm looking for here. I'd never set up an account with any of them, though. What a nightmare those places are.

Comment

That's one of the coolest things about IM. Unless you are a real tool you don't get bashed here no matter the question. You can ask for a critique on your physique and get honest feedback.

Another board I go to it's unbelievable how mean everyone is to each other and the shitty smart ass comments (even towards the few IFBB Pros that are on there).

IM is a very cool place.
        Joe

Contest History:
        2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
        2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
        2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
        2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
        2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
        2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Originally posted by picci002 View Post
          That's one of the coolest things about IM. Unless you are a real tool you don't get bashed here no matter the question.
          I disagree with this, but it isn't as bad as the other boards.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
            I disagree with this, but it isn't as bad as the other boards.

Good point Frank, that's a better assessment of things.
            Joe

Contest History:
            2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
            2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
            2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
            2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
            2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
            2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

I don't think I've ever experienced getting flamed or bashed in this board. Not once. Maybe a sarcastic joke but nothing like the car forums and a few of the other bodybuilding forums I tried before working with Skip and being active here.

I can't say I've ever even seen it to others. Actually maybe once since I've been around.

Some things I like about IM:
              1) everyone is very helpful and understands that we are all at different levels of experience and knowledge in this game

2) nobody seems to claim to be experts or act like know it alls. Yeah some of us are more well versed in certain subjects but I see those same people trying to learn and listen on a completely different subject. Besides, there are a couple real experts here we all respect greatly that we hope chime in on our threads. I've noticed some big ripped dudes in profile pics take advice from smaller and less lean profile pics. Nobody is too prideful to ask questions and seek advice.

3) I don't see a lot of flaming or bashing. Like at all. Maybe once but the guy was disrespectful of other members and eventually got it.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
              *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
              •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
              *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Bashing happens on fishing forums and hunting forums as well. I have not posted on the hunting forum I visit for about 2 years. Someone will ask a legal question and as a cop who did work for that section I would respond with the correct information, with links to the correct pages etc only to be over ruled by rumor, bullshit stories or similar.

You end up defending your position and spending a lot of time for no reason. As Collabera stated, you end up checking the board every 20 minutes etc.

Not worth it. Here on IM things are good.
                "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                ~William Bernbach

Comment

The only problem with IM being the way it is is that cutting down on idiots also destroys board traffic. Just ask Skip.
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

While the lack of traffic can kill a board, I have to say I love this place. I ask a question, I get an answer, and quite often links explaining the answer.

I am 30, I have been in IM off and on since 06-07. Never have I been made to feel like I don't belong, or that my question was moronic. Have I made massive OMG gains? No. But I have made changes in my stregth levels, and I see results myself. The change is slowly coming to the surface. With the help from IM (stickied threads, people who will answer questions in PM's, etc) I can and will make the changes.

Skip, Scott, everyone else; thanks for making this place my home for fitness. If it were not from IM I can guarentee I would be 300 lbs of chewed bubble gum instead of the 240 lb fatty steak that I currently am.

J
                    "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

I went quiet on PM for a few years for the very same reason Skip gave. I stuck my head back up a few months ago, got a little flack for some of my posts. But other posts toward other people kinda turned me off, besides the redundancy.

It's kinda slow here, but that's ok, I have a busy life. Bodybuilding for me, was my passion, but it's not anymore. It's a tool to stay in shape. I think this is where many of us fall. We've been around the block a time or two, and we aren't into being human chemistry, ginny pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                        The only problem with IM being the way it is is that cutting down on idiots also destroys board traffic. Just ask Skip.
                        Exactly.

This board is 11 years old, though, and that can't be said for most boards out there. In board years, that is an eternity.

Back in the day when things were really popping around here, I would tear your ass up for acting stupid of for flaming someone. I would destroy people but that is what set us apart from other boards. As time went on, I have softened and become more tolerant.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                          Exactly.

This board is 11 years old, though, and that can't be said for most boards out there. In board years, that is an eternity.

Back in the day when things were really popping around here, I would tear your ass up for acting stupid of for flaming someone. I would destroy people but that is what set us apart from other boards. As time went on, I have softened and become more tolerant.

Skip
                          Your not more tolerant your old and you get tired easy so you have to save your energy for other things. LOL xoxo I only know this because I'm old too!

Comment

I hate boards. I dropped off the BBing board scene probably around 2010. Doesn't matter what the board is about, they have the same type of personalities on them. But if you want to see trolling on steroids, go to a gamer board. 13 yo kids are ruthless little cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sexybiatch72 View Post
                              Your not more tolerant your old and you get tired easy so you have to save your energy for other things. LOL xoxo I only know this because I'm old too!
                              I started to type a long response and ... just got exhausted.

Skip

Comment

Working...
                              X