Creatine and Asthma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creatine and Asthma

Has anybody had trouble with asthma like symptoms from creatine? Took the stuff for years and years with no issues except the mono started giving me gerd so I switched to buffered.
    Then all of a sudden I could hardly breath. Thought I had COPD (use to smoke) and narrowed it down to the creatine. Took about a month before my breathing returned to normal. I actually found some other people on the boards who had the same issue.
    Just throwing it out there in case it happens to others.
    If it's not fun, don't do it

I can't think of any reason why only form of creatine would do this to you. I do not consider myself an expert but I have been training for 13 years and have never come across anyone saying creatine effects their asthma or read anything saying it can.

How was your water intake while using the creatine and how was it before using it? Also, which version of creatine did you use?

I will try to find more info for you on this with that information.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

I was using kre-alkalyn which is what I've used for the past couple of years.
      I honestly don't know about the water. That could be related though.
      If it's not fun, don't do it

Comment

Very interesting. I'm wondering what others in the board have to say about this.

One of my training partners has asthma and we've never discussed his use of creatine although I know he will use it occasionally.

One reason I don't think it's related is the fact that creatine is naturally occurring in foods, just higher in supplement form. There would be warnings for those wth asthma to not use creatine if there was any concerns. Or even people with asthma would have to avoid eating a lot of steak or something. But there's none of that as far as I know.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
        *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
        •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
        *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

I have had asthma since I was 8 and have been cycling creatine on and off for over 10 years and have never noticed a difference in my asthma

Comment

Working...
          X