Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can't trust anything anymore

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • can't trust anything anymore

    If it isn't bad enough that there are fakes of everything else, now a local butcher gets exposed for selling fakes or at least misrepresenting products. Cliff notes version is the guy was buying stuff from Sams Club and selling it as "grass-fed, hormone free, locally raised, or all natural". They sent off some samples of the lamb and bison and both were actually just cow. Of course he claims it isn't true but when he was called out on camera he sure didn't try to show any invoices from any suppliers. Disappointing but you really don't know what you are buying.

    http://www.wbtv.com/story/29501744/t...l-butcher-shop
    6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
    1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

  • #2
    It goes to show that it's futile to worry about the little details of your foods. We are all going to be screwed over anyways. I try to afford the best of meats but many times I find myself going for the cheaper options simply because you don't know what you're getting. At my age though, buying organic grass fed beef instead of the cheaper versions isn't easy to afford long term and also the health benefits aren't as important. I shop at Safeway and I trust their meat department. I can't imagine a big company like that would risk a media firestorm if they were caught. Some of the smaller places like your local butcher is different. Actually when I buy chicken from the local butcher I'm alsmot always disappointed in the quality. Loaded with fat and skin and water. Then when you cook it and eat it, it's usually a weird chewy texture instead of soft juicy chicken like I get from Safeway. I buy the Eating Right brand and it's always trimmed 99% and not watery and cooked so well. I buy the open nature grass fed beef when I can afford it.

    True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

    Comment


    • #3
      I trust the chains, as well, because they are far more likely to be scrutinized and they know it.

      The cost these days of grass-fed beef and antibiotic-free chicken, etc., is nowhere near what it was just 3 or 5 years ago. I get grass-fed beef for roughly 1.00 or 1.50 more than regular beef.

      Skip


      Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle


      For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

      Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        I trust the chains, as well, because they are far more likely to be scrutinized and they know it.

        The cost these days of grass-fed beef and antibiotic-free chicken, etc., is nowhere near what it was just 3 or 5 years ago. I get grass-fed beef for roughly 1.00 or 1.50 more than regular beef.

        Skip
        The only reason I don't is because I am buying for 4. If I am the only one looking for the best ingredients, and nobody notices the extra efforts or costs, why piss with it?


        J
        "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

        George Patton


        Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

        5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Godsmack View Post
          The only reason I don't is because I am buying for 4. If I am the only one looking for the best ingredients, and nobody notices the extra efforts or costs, why piss with it?


          J
          Have you checked out Costco on 19 and gulf to bay?

          Comment


          • #6
            This whole grass fed thing is the best marketing scheme in the history of raw food.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by doug1 View Post
              Have you checked out Costco on 19 and gulf to bay?
              Not yet. I use Sam's on park blvd or the other one on 34th st N.

              How much is the membership, and how do they compare to Sam's?


              J
              "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

              George Patton


              Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

              5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Godsmack View Post
                Not yet. I use Sam's on park blvd or the other one on 34th st N.

                How much is the membership, and how do they compare to Sam's?


                J
                i think the same as Sam's, maybe a little more, $55 for the year. Healthier meats. I know the chicken that is hormone free is $2.99 a pound. What's really important is the the hot dog combo($1.65 after tax) is way better than Sam's, lol, they steam the buns..... lmao

                The traffic, in and out of Sam's blows! How friggin long are they gonna be working on the road there?! Plus, there is the distraction of duncan dohnuts, we don't want that. haha

                I will never go back to Sam's, get a one day pass and check it out. It's like Walmart vs. Target....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by doug1 View Post
                  i think the same as Sam's, maybe a little more, $55 for the year. Healthier meats. I know the chicken that is hormone free is $2.99 a pound. What's really important is the the hot dog combo($1.65 after tax) is way better than Sam's, lol, they steam the buns..... lmao

                  The traffic, in and out of Sam's blows! How friggin long are they gonna be working on the road there?! Plus, there is the distraction of duncan dohnuts, we don't want that. haha

                  I will never go back to Sam's, get a one day pass and check it out. It's like Walmart vs. Target....
                  For me the road is no issue since I live down near the Bay Pines VA. I don't pay a dime for my Sam's membership as it's a corporate card (family is in the food equipment business), so maybe I should see if I have Costco too LOL.

                  My eating isn't great by far. Honestly I am just happy that some friends and family are noticing the changes, and I haven't pulled a 'oh I'm just bulking' move of needing bigger jeans due to a balooning waist line. Hopefully I can prioritize better and start shedding some stomach flab soon.


                  If ya do find out you need something from Sam's hit me up. I'd be happy to take ya in to get what ya need.

                  J
                  "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

                  George Patton


                  Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

                  5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Godsmack View Post
                    For me the road is no issue since I live down near the Bay Pines VA. I don't pay a dime for my Sam's membership as it's a corporate card (family is in the food equipment business), so maybe I should see if I have Costco too LOL.

                    My eating isn't great by far. Honestly I am just happy that some friends and family are noticing the changes, and I haven't pulled a 'oh I'm just bulking' move of needing bigger jeans due to a balooning waist line. Hopefully I can prioritize better and start shedding some stomach flab soon.


                    If ya do find out you need something from Sam's hit me up. I'd be happy to take ya in to get what ya need.

                    J
                    Sounds good brother. I use to have a membership there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Anytime man.

                      J
                      "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

                      George Patton


                      Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

                      5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rainjack View Post
                        This whole grass fed thing is the best marketing scheme in the history of raw food.
                        Agree 100%. Well that and anything organic, gluten free, or anti-gmo. It's the whole natural fallacy, pseudoscientific culture.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think weston price makes a great argument for grass fed. problem is, you better have deep pockets and never hardly eat out. I am not willing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Nogichute View Post
                            Agree 100%. Well that and anything organic, gluten free, or anti-gmo. It's the whole natural fallacy, pseudoscientific culture.

                            Agreed... Being a 4th generation farm family, I could go on and on...but I'll spare myself getting worked up 😈


                            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
                            ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Most families with more than one child and only one income cant afford non-GMO, organic, grass-fed, etc etc, type of food
                              2006 NPC SUPERIOR NOVICE AND OPEN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
                              2006 NPC MIDFLORIDA CLASSIC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

                              Removed..No free advertising!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X