X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doug1
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
    Super-Slow BowFlex mixed with those hydrolic machines in Curves for Women gyms? I don't care if they work or not, they look stupid and way too slow to be any fun. Who the hell wants to do a 25 second deadlift or squat?? No thanks. I will stick to rusty, metal db's and barbells to throw around.
    An anytime fitness I use to be a member at, had off in the corner various "gas shock"(for resistance) with about 12 machines. No one ever used, that I saw. I used them some myself actually because I knew I wouldn't have to wait, lol. They were pretty slow moving too, based on the gas shock thing. I ended up using it for circuit training actually, as a fat burning thing. It worked well. As far as building muscle? IDK? Too difficult to know poundages.

Leave a comment:

• MaxNat
    replied
    Super-Slow BowFlex mixed with those hydrolic machines in Curves for Women gyms? I don't care if they work or not, they look stupid and way too slow to be any fun. Who the hell wants to do a 25 second deadlift or squat?? No thanks. I will stick to rusty, metal db's and barbells to throw around.

Leave a comment:

• Godsmack
    replied
    I've used similar machines for physical therapy in my right knee. They can be very useful. Much like anything, it does have its uses.

J

Leave a comment:

• homonunculus
    replied
    Those look like isokinetic machines set up to do very slow concentric and eccentric movements: velocity of motion is set by the machine and the trainee simply pushes as hard as he / she can or wants to.

If so, this means that every rep can be a maximal effort on both the concentric and eccentric portions of a movement. This could be a very good thing for loading the muscle.

-S

Leave a comment:

• doug1
    replied
    I watched the video, assuming my gym got that stuff in tomorrow, I probably wouldn't use any of it. I'm not a fan of super slow movements. You can keep the muscle under constant tension on almost any exercise depending on how you perform it.
    There seems to always be some new piece of equipment that gets created that is gonna revolutionize training, I'm still waiting for it, actually, not really, because I quit looking a long time ago. Work hard at the basic moves, some will be machines, but most will be free weights. They have been around since the beginning and tons of guys have created world class physiques without any, or very limited amounts of machines...

Leave a comment:

• fopso
    started a topic Adaptive resistance machines (ARX)

Adaptive resistance machines (ARX)

Has anyone heard of this type of machine - it increases and decreases resistance to supposedly get best load on muscles. Seems expensive but not sure if legit http://arxfit.com/ and hoping to get some opinions on its mechanics here.
Working...
X