Horny goat weed question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horny goat weed question

Used to post here a lot, then forgot my info so had to create this name.

I'm taking horny goat weed and fenugreek as a little test booster, which seems to work decently. Any need to add some sort of estrogen prohibitor?? HGW is supposed to do that already I believe.

I haven't taken either personally, but I would venture to say that since both are OTC, that it's not strong enough to need an estrogen inhibitor. But, I could be wrong.
    btw, start posting more and stay, we gotta get this place going again. thanks for post in dukes of hazard video.

Comment

Ha yea I am getting back into lifting after a 7 year hiatus. 7 years ago I was at 425/255/455 at 162 bodyweight.... Now I am weakkkkk

Comment

Wow, great numbers!
        What's your age now?

Comment

Comment

Oh good, still nice and young to train good and heavy. Keep us posted on strength increases. Hopefully you can get an educated answer on your original question.

Comment

Unless you are very estrogen sensitive, you should be fine. If you start having estrogen-related issues, drop the fenugreek for a bit, and consider cycling it a few weeks at a time.
              My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                Unless you are very estrogen sensitive, you should be fine. .
                "Estrogen sensitive" ?? I always cry during The Notebook, and Steel Magnolias!?
                "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

There is absolutely no possible way you will need an anti-estrogen substance.
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

I believe that isn't strong enough to warrant an anti-estrogen compound. However, if you want you could try Diindolymethane or Chrysin.

Comment

You could also try indole-3-carbinol

Comment

Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
                        Haha, you're only suppose to tell that to the significant other! lol

Comment

Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
                          Haha. It's ok Max. Blame it on the popcorn butter you got in your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                            There is absolutely no possible way you will need an anti-estrogen substance.
                            I dunno, man. I've heard of Fenugreek (Testofen) causing an itchy nipple or two. Is that just placebo side effects, you think?

I've never used it in any large doses. There is a pre-workout I use that has some in it... but I haven't never thought it was very much.

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                              I dunno, man. I've heard of Fenugreek (Testofen) causing an itchy nipple or two. Is that just placebo side effects, you think?

I've never used it in any large doses. There is a pre-workout I use that has some in it... but I haven't never thought it was very much.
                              For any OTC substance claiming to have a powerful effect, I always ask myself this: We all know how INSANELY greedy and powerful drug companies are, so if this substance works, why haven't they isolated it and turned it into a drug or some sort of purified product?

Now it might have a slight effect, but if the effect was worth a damn, you can bet your ass drug companies would be jumping all over themselves to extract it, patent it, and turn it into a prescription drug and make millions off of it.

Might the stuff work? A little. But if it was powerful enough to begin to upset the HPGA, then the FDA would rip that shit off the shelves faster than you can say "ephedrine."
                              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                              kind of a douche

Comment

Working...
                              X