Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Skip, ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey Skip, ?

    How is the pot legalization working out for Colorado? Are you seeing anything different now in your travels? Are you concerned about your children getting into it?

  • #2
    How much time do you have?

    In short, it is great. The revenue it generates is through the roof and I am more concerned with my kids wanting to smoke cigarettes.

    Skip


    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle


    For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

    Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
      How much time do you have?

      In short, it is great. The revenue it generates is through the roof and I am more concerned with my kids wanting to smoke cigarettes.

      Skip

      I'm not in Colorado but I am only 4 hours away and I do have a son now and I couldn't agree more. The revenue they make from selling it is awesome. Helping out schools and hospitals, can't go wrong there!

      Comment


      • #4
        Interesting responses. My son, now 20 got into the wrong crowd a few years ago in high school. He was already prone to laziness. It mellowed him out, but I swear it did something to his brain. Very forgetful, just kinda real aloof on his few responsibilities around the house, teenagers are gonna be teenagers. He has gotten it together the last few years. I still wish he had never done it. Today's stuff is stronger I think than the hippie days.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by doug1 View Post
          Interesting responses. My son, now 20 got into the wrong crowd a few years ago in high school. He was already prone to laziness. It mellowed him out, but I swear it did something to his brain. Very forgetful, just kinda real aloof on his few responsibilities around the house, teenagers are gonna be teenagers. He has gotten it together the last few years. I still wish he had never done it. Today's stuff is stronger I think than the hippie days.

          My guess is that his behaviour had absolutely nothing to do with the pot and everything to do with developmental changes he was going through and social pressures put on him by his peers to act a certain way.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2010 NPC North Star

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by doug1 View Post
            Interesting responses. My son, now 20 got into the wrong crowd a few years ago in high school. He was already prone to laziness. It mellowed him out, but I swear it did something to his brain. Very forgetful, just kinda real aloof on his few responsibilities around the house, teenagers are gonna be teenagers. He has gotten it together the last few years. I still wish he had never done it. Today's stuff is stronger I think than the hippie days.


            Simple answer. It's the damn age, and way of life these kids lead now. The potency of marijuana is greatly increased when compared to the 60s-70s, as well as the desire to add in other things such as mushroom powder (or spores), cocaine, angel dust, heroin, embalming fluid, and meth just to name a few.

            Colorado legalizing marijuan has had one other large side effect that is rarely mentioned. The user gets exactly what they pay for. No more fear of your maijuana having been mixed with other substances, and the strain remains consistant, where as street dealers usually have different blends month to month.

            J
            "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

            George Patton


            Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

            5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Here in Washington state, 250 million dollars has been made in profits since legalizing recreational marijuana and this has added 17 million in tax revenue. This, in less than a year. Can you imagine how much this will benefit Washington State in 5-10 years of this added tax revenue? And what happens when the popularity of marijuana increases in our population as is expected along with an expected increase in the tax? So many benefits to this and I'm glad it finally happened.

              True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
              *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
              •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
              *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                Here in Washington state, 250 million dollars has been made in profits since legalizing recreational marijuana and this has added 17 million in tax revenue. This, in less than a year. Can you imagine how much this will benefit Washington State in 5-10 years of this added tax revenue? And what happens when the popularity of marijuana increases in our population as is expected along with an expected increase in the tax? So many benefits to this and I'm glad it finally happened.
                Well, how much actually filters down to those institutions? I mean, I live in Florida, we started the lottery some years ago and money was suppose to go toward education. Last time I checked, the teachers made the same amount and we have some of the dumbest ass kids in the nation....lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by doug1 View Post
                  Well, how much actually filters down to those institutions? I mean, I live in Florida, we started the lottery some years ago and money was suppose to go toward education. Last time I checked, the teachers made the same amount and we have some of the dumbest ass kids in the nation....lol
                  I live in Virginia. We have a state lottery. Same story. Every time citizens need something, the state "doesn't have money". Education budget got cut AGAIN this year. State financial aid at colleges has been cut. The money "isn't there", but lottery jackpots get into 9 digits at times.
                  My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by doug1 View Post
                    Well, how much actually filters down to those institutions? I mean, I live in Florida, we started the lottery some years ago and money was suppose to go toward education. Last time I checked, the teachers made the same amount and we have some of the dumbest ass kids in the nation....lol
                    The lotto money usually goes to one of two spots.

                    The inner city and is used to keep their sports teams alive (apparently footballs and basketball are educational), or they are sent to the well to do areas to make sure those oak desks don't crack in the humidity.


                    J
                    "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

                    George Patton


                    Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

                    5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X