shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoes

An often neglected bit of gear, especially if you squat or deadlifts, or do overhead presses.

Many people swear by chuck tailor all-stars, I just got a pair of the Reebok crossfit (don't let that put you off Heh) lite tr low cut (like a free ankle) and found they're very good indeed. Very stable and grippy - I can really tear into the floor coming out of the hole on squats. And my old rugby injury in my left ankle didn't bother or distract at all.
    So what do people think on footwear? Personally I think, since the kinetic chain starts with the soles, it stands to reason we should give it thought.

I am will you. I prefer sneakers with no ankle rise. Pretty much nothing with a cushion.
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I've had Vibram Five Fingers for awhile and wouldn't lift wearing anything else, I love 'em.

Comment

I have been using the Warrior - Wei-Rui shoe for squats and overhead pressing (and even bench pressing), and some good Wrestling shoes for deads. I agree, it starts with the feet and I can really tell a HUGE difference. I won't train in a regular running/athletic shoe. It feels so unstable and "squishy" now once you are used to a good, stable shoe.
        "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

I went from my Nike 'Livestrong' crosstrainers to Chuck Taylor high tops for all my lifting. I won't go back. My joints feel better, and I have more confidence to do leg work as I can feel my knee movement better than ever before.

J
          "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

I wear nikes when I am doing upper body but for any lower body work I use 5 finger sprints to get good ground contact

Comment

Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
              I have been using the Warrior - Wei-Rui shoe for squats and overhead pressing (and even bench pressing), and some good Wrestling shoes for deads. I agree, it starts with the feet and I can really tell a HUGE difference. I won't train in a regular running/athletic shoe. It feels so unstable and "squishy" now once you are used to a good, stable shoe.
              I have the same pair. I love wearing them for my high bar squats.

I still wear chucks for low bar and my other lifts, though.
              #docswholift
              PGY-1 FM
              "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Merrell trail shoes or New Balance Minimus. Both are awesome and I won't train legs in anything but these 2 types of shoes.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  Merrell trail shoes or New Balance Minimus. Both are awesome and I won't train legs in anything but these 2 types of shoes.

Skip
                  It looks like they stopped making the minimus. I want a vibram sole without the toe shoes but can't find them anywhere, even the NB store now. I'll have to look at the Merrell's again.
                  2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
                  2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
                  2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

You can still find the Minimus all over the internet and order them that way.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by jasong View Post
                      It looks like they stopped making the minimus. I want a vibram sole without the toe shoes but can't find them anywhere, even the NB store now. I'll have to look at the Merrell's again.
                      I've got the Merrell's, they are bomb.com
                      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                      www.316fit.com
                      Email: [email protected]

Comment

The Merrells fit like a glove - they wrap your foot where the Minimus doesn't.

Skip

Comment

I've been using an amazing type of shoe...

... Dunlop Volley. $28. Thank you Big W!

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                            I have the same pair. I love wearing them for my high bar squats.

I still wear chucks for low bar and my other lifts, though.
                            Aside from the fact that they look like cheerleading saddle shoes from 1987, I do like the way that they stabilize everything. I use them with lowbar and modified high-bar, but I also use the wrestling shoes once in awhile as well.
                            "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Just shows how individual footwear is.
                              I'm interested, so I'll ask - why do Olympic lifting shoes have a heel? I'd have thought flat stability like Skip's choice...the Merrill trails...

Comment

Working...
                              X