Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct Labs results...what does it all mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Labs results...what does it all mean?

So I bit the bullet and ordered the anti-aging labs from direct labs. Got my results in but now I just need to know what it all means. I see they have ranges but for those who are bodybuilding and/or weightlifting do we follow those ranges or are ours a bit different?

I do know my cholesterol is high....been skipping my meds, I'll get back on track I promise.

Results: range

LDH 254 121-224
    AST(SGOT) what is this. 63 0-40
    ALT (SGOT) '' '' 82 0-44
    HDL 30 >39
    LDL Cholestorol calc 161 0-99

RBC what is this? 5.98 4014-5.80
    RDW " " " 16.3 12.3-15.4

TEST, Serum 276 348-1197
    Free Test 13.8 6.8-21.5

DHEA 283 102.6-416.3
    Estriadol 28.0 7.6-42.6
    IGF-1 270 75-216

I know about the cholesterol...I've been on Lipitor and Niaspan for years but have been slack lately about taking it....will get back on. The HDL must be genetic because the highest its ever been is 38.

I don't know the diff between Free testosterone and test serum but the latter is low.

The IGF-1 reading was some surprise good news. If anyone has any insights on what all this means I would be appreciative. Thanks.
    Last edited by robecru; 06-03-2015, 04:17 AM.

To answer your first question, in my opinion your health is your health whether you are a bodybuilder or weightlifter. The type of activity you do doesn't change what is considered healthy in blood work. I liken it to cars. Whether you drive your Honda Civic as a race car or an economy car, bad diagnostic readings from a shop are bad either way lol

I recently had elaveted ALT and AST. These are liver values and yours are pretty high. Although I hear it can be much much worse. Get familiar with this info here:
    http://www.emedicinehealth.com/scrip...ticlekey=93641

RBC is your red blood cell count. Yours is only slightly high. Here's more info on them.
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003644.htm

Your serum testosterone is your total testosterone and your free testosterone is what is not bound. Serum test is pretty low. Not sure how old you are. Of the total testosterone you have, your free test is in the middle of the range. Not sure what that means for percentage of free test but it seems like a favorable place to be.

Here's a page that will give you a pretty basic understanding of free and bound testosterone without diving too deep into scientific stuff.
    http://anabolicmen.com/free-testoste...ne-difference/
    Last edited by Collabera; 06-03-2015, 01:44 PM.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Are you currently or have you recently been using any PEDs?
      What supplements or other medications are you currently taking?
      What does your diet look like?
      How's your blood pressure?
      How close to weight training did you get your blood drawn, and how intense was the training session?

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
      2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
      2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
      2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
      2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

I'm on board with what the others have said. I wanted to add one small thing. If you are taking NAC (N-Acetyl-Cysteine), you will often times have "false elevations" of AST and ALT numbers. It happened to me as well. I stopped the NAC for a couple of days, and the next blood draw my AST and ALT numbers were normal. NAC can skew bloodwork for a lot of patients.
        My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Something to consider regarding AST and ALT:

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48922

Not saying that this is the cause of the elevated measures in your case, but thought I'd share.
          Last edited by moco; 06-03-2015, 02:19 PM.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
          2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
          2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
          2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
          2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

I think Dante mentioned this. Take two weeks off from supps before blood work and one week off from lifting.
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Thanks for the responses....To answer some of the questions. I'm 42. When I had my blood drawn I had not exercised in 3 days (due to ship's schedule).

A little over 2 months ago I stopped taking anadrol and test. Then took HCG for 2 weeks before I stopped the anadrol at about 250iu a day. After that I started PCT with 50mg clomid ED for 2 weeks, then finished off some novaldex I had. 25mg ed for 8 days.

It's been almost a month ago. My diet ranges between 2700 and 3800 calories...200-300 grams of protien. I'm in the Navy attached to a ship so my nutrition, workout schedule and types of workouts are limited. I have to eat whatever we have but I stay away from snack foods. I do eat 2 eggs with cheese and 4 egg whites every morning. I have been half ass with my cholesterol medicine but will tighten up on that.

Blood pressure is always great. 115/70 is usually normal to high for me. Usually its like 105/58 or something like that. But the liver results are of concern. Got to go before I can finish this response. Thanks for the information gentlemen. I'll research more tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X