What makes for the best shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes for the best shows?

As some of you may or may not know I am actively involved with Professional Wrestling here in Florida. Part of putting on these shows is working with numerous venues and finding ways to make our shows more enjoyable for the fans, and more profiatble for the venue as well as ourslves.

A few of these venues have in the past expressed an interest in having their calendar more filled up, and the ideas of doing other athletic events at these venues has sprung to mind.

So in your opinion what is necessary for a well executed powerlifting meet, strongman contest, or bodybuilding show? (I apologize if my terminology may bee skewed, and if someone wants to correct me please feel free.) What are necessities, should be there, are nice to haves, and don't bother? What makes one location better than another? Is one fed better than another and if so why?
    For anyone who has ran any of these events, what did it require from you, did you turn a profit?

I appreciate the feedback guys and gals. I am trying to help push new ideas to help out the venues that help us. I just don't want to suggest these types of events if their venue will be unsuccessful.

J
    "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

I'm bumping this up for you, in case someone who can chime in has missed it. I have no promotion experience.

What is your involvement with professional wrestling? I dabbled in Louisiana years ago. It was all male matches, but I trained with the guys and got to knock someone out with a chair. It's an interesting world.
    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

I've been an announcer, DJ, timekeeper, ref and a manager off and on since I was 18. I've set up and torn down rings all up and down the east coast and in Canada while traveling with my older brother, his wife and numerous other workers. Currently I help with promoting, setting up sponsors, and am starting to learn more of the booking and 'back end' of the business as well as still reffing and managing.

It's been much more consistant since I moved to FL.

J
      "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Comment

I went to high school and trained at that time at the same gym as Rob Van Damme. Complete nerd/dork back then.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

While he's a bit of a stoner, he still is a nerd. The two times I have met him he's been a great guy. Very humble at least to me.

I know a few people in Ring Of Honor, WWE, and NXT. I don't know a worker worth a salt who doesn't at least spend SOME time in the gym. Hell some of them have done bodybuilding competitions as well as MMA and other competitions.

J

George Patton

Comment

Working...
          X