Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting - protein intake with bcaas

hey everyone,
    right now im cutting trying to get a single digit bfp. now i want to cut out some extra calories from my meal replacement shakes(30g whey isolate/30g micellar casein) which i consumed 2 times a day. i got around 110g of protein from both. how much bcaas are needed to replace an equal amount of proteins ? dont find any numbers by searching. or is it even possible to "replace" these whole proteins with just bcaas?

i really appreciate everyones advise on this. thank you !

You're not cutting calories this way. Aminos are 4 calories per gram the same as whole proteins. You're better off with the whole proteins.
    My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

thank you for your response.

i dont want to replace bcaas gram by gram with the protein otherwise i would have to consume 110g of bcaas in one day : ) im asking for the amount of bcaas which triggers the protein synthesis equally to those 110g of protein and if this is even possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BRG View Post
        thank you for your response.

i dont want to replace bcaas gram by gram with the protein otherwise i would have to consume 110g of bcaas in one day : ) im asking for the amount of bcaas which triggers the protein synthesis equally to those 110g of protein and if this is even possible.
        Ahh, I see. I wasn't "getting it".

Leucine (as I'm sure you are aware) is the amino without which protein synthesis can not begin. So that's why i gets huge press. The most researched ratio I believe is 4:1:1, that's Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine. You will see ratio's as high as 12:1:1 in some BCAA formulas, BUT... some research suggests that too high of a ratio of Leucine to the others actually inhibits the uptake of Isoleucine and Valine.

So... If you are trying to cut calories in your MRP's, but still trying to get a little more "bang" in your MRP shakes, maybe cut your total protein down to 15/15 or 20/20, and just add some BCAA's (5-10 grams) during or after your workout.

Even there... I would probably recommend trying to cut calories elsewhere in your diet.
        My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Ironaddict on his forum and his book discussed this. About 10g of bcaa/eaa replaces 30-40g of protein according to him.
          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

@MyTMouse
            this would also be an option, thank you

@LG1
            any links? didnt found anything to exactly this topic or my question. thank you ,too !

Comment

Originally posted by BRG View Post
              @MyTMouse

this would also be an option, thank you

@LG1

any links? didnt found anything to exactly this topic or my question. thank you ,too !

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24797
              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

You're going to lose the advantage of a "slow" protein like casein, if you're taking the before going to bed, by trying to substitute BCAA's.

What else is in your MRPs other than protein?

-S
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Doesn't seem like there would be a clear black and white answer to this.

And if there was, would it matter much? Unless your protein intake was crazy high already I wouldn't cut out any protein while dieting. Instead, leave the protein the same and lower calories from carbs and fats, progressively.

Only thing I might change if you do keep the meal replacements is to switch from casein to a normal protein blend.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                  *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                  •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                  *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

thank you all !

cutting out fats and carbs isnt a option imo. here is my nutrition plan:

8am - 50g whey and 100g oats
                    11am - 300g steak with veggies
                    2pm - mrp shake (30g whey & 30g casein)
                    5pm - 1 can of tuna with 1 tsp olive oil
                    8pm - mrp shake
                    11pm - 200g steak with veggies

on training days:
                    directyl after workout 10g of bcaas(4:1:1) with 3-400ml grape juice, one after that 50g whey with 50-80g of oats

Comment

It's easier to determine your diet if it's broken down into macros instead of food weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X