Skiploading for bulking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiploading for bulking

Hey Guys I had great results with skiploading on a cut, 95kg fat to 73kg very lean!! Post show should I still aim to lower body fat some more or lean bulk for a year whilst gaining muscle and hopefully lowering BF slowly too? just wondering how I should play the load/weekly layout of carbs etc? I know how the body weight was used for the cut, but wondered how I use the same principle for bulking with minimal fat? What weekly gain should I be looking for? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The gain should not be that large because you should not be in a deficit during the week.

I am in the process of modifying the parameters used in the off season for Skiploading. I won't go into the details right now because I have a lot of things to work out, first. However, I will say this:

1. off season loading is higher fat
    2. I am working on measuring blood sugar levels post skipload meals to be sure that blood sugar levels aren't too high and if they are, controlling them for better loading efficacy and for any health issues that some people may have from higher blood sugar levels.
    3. I am also working on possibly eleminating the "snacking" part of Skiploading and going to a more balanced meal or at least with only MINOR snacking. I am trying to get away from the candy-laden, sugary carb based skiploading.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Wow this is really interesting. I am very interested in this as I have absolutely loved skiploading for cutting and my offseason is coming soon, thanks skip for all the help you give us mere mortals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        The gain should not be that large because you should not be in a deficit during the week.

I am in the process of modifying the parameters used in the off season for Skiploading. I won't go into the details right now because I have a lot of things to work out, first. However, I will say this:

1. off season loading is higher fat
        2. I am working on measuring blood sugar levels post skipload meals to be sure that blood sugar levels aren't too high and if they are, controlling them for better loading efficacy and for any health issues that some people may have from higher blood sugar levels.
        3. I am also working on possibly eleminating the "snacking" part of Skiploading and going to a more balanced meal or at least with only MINOR snacking. I am trying to get away from the candy-laden, sugary carb based skiploading.

Skip

What was the genesis behind the change in the protocol? Natural evolution of the protocol or other factors. The candy laden sugary carb loading is key. And snacking is not too far behind that. Lol
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Sounds like a plan so as long as I don't gain shit loads in a week what kinda weight difference per week should I be looking for? So more of a shitloading in the off season? 😏

Comment

I don't like the term shitloading, though, because that infers fast food, ice cream, doughnuts, etc.. Pretty much anything you are craving.

I am not at all saying that the snacking doesn't work with things like candy. I am just not as comfortable anymore prescribing loading that way because I don't feel that is the healthiest route. I have begun moving some of my clients (and myself) to a more meal-based approach with much less snacking. EG: I would rather see something like a lasagna or spaghetti dinner with french bread than I would 1 can of Pringles, a bag of Skittles and some ice cream.

I still consider the higher fat intake to be Skiploading - just another variation. This way, the food choices are healthier. I compare it to a super lean guy eating a ton of McDonald's and "looking sick" the next day. Yes, it works but is it OPTIMAL? I don't think fast food is optimal, no.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Noted! I've got some homemade lasagne my daughter made for post comp with Turkey mince 😜👍🏻

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am super excited to see what else skip has to say on skiploading for bulking, this is something I am super eager to try!

Comment

Great info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                  Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

I have used Scott Abels cycle diet which follows the same principles BUT I also found the fact that you could eat ANYTHING on his SPIKE day was not the healthiest way and I felt awful.

This seems much more intelligent.

I am however using a cyclic carb / calorie approach rather than a true skip load once a week whilst looking to gain lean mass.

T

Comment

"Bulking" = Skipload every single day.
                      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                      kind of a douche

Comment

In my following off season I'm interested in still incorporating skiploading but I want to make sure I stay very insulin sensitive. I theorize that my sensitivity has been terrible when we have begun out last 2 cutting phases and that's why things began slow. I don't think metabolism is the issue.

Dave Kalick said in one of the PED radio shows that back fat is more of a sign of insulin sensitivity issues. That's where I've always carried the most body fat so this is where I get the theory from.

I am interested in finding ways to allow skiploading and still accomplish becoming more insulin sensitive.

Thoughts?

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                        *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                        •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                        *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

I am interested in this as well. Last Sunday afternoon after I trained my back I was thinking about doing some carb loading, no fat. And I thought about my options, crusteaz pancakes and maple syrup came to mind with some whey protein. The other was a big bowl of oatmeal with the chocolate whey added for flavor. I really didn't want the negative stuff that comes with the pancake thing, its almost like it isn't even real food, including the whey. I'm not a big noodle guy, so I ended up doing the oatmeal thing. It was ok, but not really what I would consider an enjoyable sunday afternoon meal....

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                            In my following off season I'm interested in still incorporating skiploading but I want to make sure I stay very insulin sensitive. I theorize that my sensitivity has been terrible when we have begun out last 2 cutting phases and that's why things began slow. I don't think metabolism is the issue.

Dave Kalick said in one of the PED radio shows that back fat is more of a sign of insulin sensitivity issues. That's where I've always carried the most body fat so this is where I get the theory from.

I am interested in finding ways to allow skiploading and still accomplish becoming more insulin sensitive.

Thoughts?
                            If I remember correctly, the Lean gains style of eating, one or two big meals, no snacking, allowing for quite a bit of hunger, had a positive impact on insulin sensitivity. My wife has type 2 diabetes (mild) and has been eating once a day for about a month now. Sometimes she will have a little meat in the evening.
                            She is on metformin. Her morning blood sugar before metformin was over 200, now she hovers around 100, feels fine and has been shedding pounds.

Comment

As far as the lower back fat thing, it could be insulin sensitivity....
                              I think its also probably one of the most common areas for us men to hold fat. I know for me, it's the very last place to go. Overweight people tend to have insulin sensitivity issues, a bb in the last stages of contest prep(or just getting ripped) is anything but overweight.

Comment

Working...
                              X