Melanotan and Heart Health - Interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melanotan and Heart Health - Interesting

Anyone see this? I am curious how much truth there is to this.

http://superhumanradio.com/blog/coul...h-a-tan-1.html

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Melanotan and Heart Health - Interesting

It's seems pretty preliminary but if it is true, it could have a lot of promise...and there will be a lot more tan people with healthier cardiovascular systems lol
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I sure hope so. I guess that would change the demand for it and such if it's comfirmed.

Comment

I think the relevant question is how applicable are these finding to humans.

I love that topics on superhuman radio, but the discussion of science in some cases has made me cringe so much I had to stop listening.

In the the study where MTII was given (human equivalent was about 1mg / day) in mice (http://www.researchgate.net/profile/...82b2000000.pdf), the mice also did not lose weight, which is not typical, as MTII has an anorexic effect (limits appetite). This suggests that the MTII might have been having different effects here in this strain of mice verus other rodents.

The mice were given a high fat diet and the mouse "model" was one with aberrant lipid metabolism that predisposes them to atheroschlerosis (lipid profile mimics that of humans with genetic predisposition to poor cholesterol).

In that study, MTII did NOT affect the size of vascular (atheroschlerotic) plaque, but there was an anti-inflammatory effect the vessels were better able to vasodilate (both good things).

So, one could go on and on. I'd like to have seen how the MTII affects life expectancy in those mice (if their lipid profile means they tend to die of heart disease).

-S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Working...
        X