Bostin Lloyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bostin Lloyd

I am going to preface this by saying that I don't know a lot about the kid but I know enough about him and his online persona that I need to know 2 things:

1. Why the fuck ANYONE listens to this kid

2. Why ANYONE posts anything he says, his videos or anything about him, at all

I am asking a serious question, here. I want to know what it is about this industry that has catapulted someone with so little experience and knowledge into a position that he is in where everyone wants to know what the fuck this kid thinks.

Tell me what I am missing; make me see the light. I cannot fucking get it.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

It's mind boggling to say the least ...
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I cannot say that I know.

Then again, I have no clue who the fuck he/she is. Should I? If so why should I care?

J
      "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

OK here is my take.

I heard about Boston when he first did his transformation and posted his first videos. This was because I have a teenage son. I watched ALL his videos because I can't just say "don't listen to him he is a dumbass". My son and his friends see his results vrs their results and they want to know why they should not follow this new messiah. Sure they don't train hard, eat right or sleep enough but Boston has answers that don't tell them they are doing things wrong. Boston's answers are that they are being lied to and that everyone over 160lbs is on gear, that they can go on gear, that they should go on gear, it is safe and it is easy.

At the time Boston first came out he was the only guy in that age group talking to young guys that way. For a comparison he is like the first ever boy band.

He also absolutely hammered Youtube, facebook, instagram etc - these are books and mags to young people.

Young people don't read anymore. Try finding good videos with young guys talking about weights is rare. Research is youtube only for many young guys and Boston was the only one they could relate to.

Yes there are a few others now doing this but Boston was the first and he was great at communication to young people. He doesn't relate to me (nor maybe you) but he doesn't need to.

Most gym goers are not serious, youtube gods will suite them.

The only guy that young gym goers like as much as Boston is Bro Science. He is great, tells the same info as Boston but lets the young know it is BS. Maybe Boston is just trying to make entertaining videos but accidently comes off as serious.......We can only hope.
        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
        ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          I am going to preface this by saying that I don't know a lot about the kid but I know enough about him and his online persona that I need to know 2 things:

I am asking a serious question, here. I want to know what it is about this industry that has catapulted someone with so little experience and knowledge into a position that he is in where everyone wants to know what the fuck this kid thinks.

Tell me what I am missing; make me see the light. I cannot fucking get it.

Skip
          I came into this thread with a happy finger on the ban trigger, but then I saw you had made it lol, thought this was gonna be someone posting/worshiping his videos or making gossip about him.

SAHD explained it beautifully, but here's my explanation:

There are way too many people on the internet who don't understand nutrition, training, and investing time into both. They expect results to come to them in a month's time. They see these guys on social media who are ripped and big and they feel insecure and they think that guy got that way fast because they just heard of him. You can go on a thousand forums out there and find a bunch of beginners who do and say the same thing, they "know" how to eat and they "read" on training and nutrition, but the truth is these guys know jack shit and most likely are on a cookie cutter program, or something they picked up from a magazine ad, and their died consists on a gallon of milk a day and oats because someone or some douchebag on TNation told him that's the eating norm. That or they start reading into fad diets and stuffing their faces full of soda and chocolate because it fits their macros.

Then they get fat and don't see their poundages piling up. They won't change their diet because "a gallon of milk a day = gains", and they won't change their routine or do cardio because "cardio kills gains". They look at ads and think "something is missing here", they read their favorite bodybuilders/athletes interview and think "they aren't telling me something here". Then someone utters the forbidden word..."roids"... and boom, they think "it's all gear" or "I only get results with gear."

Two things happens here. Either they go on to becomethose guys on youtube and social media that go around pointing and yelling "ROIDS" or "NOT NATTY" at everything. Or they become those guys doing 3g cycles right out the gate.

These people are often insecure and won't think for themselves. They don't give credit to their own ideas and won't try shit if someone doesn't validate it. These people get annoyed that pros or any one won't talk about steroids (need for validation) and these are also the people on bodybuilding forums saying shit like "every bodybuilder lies". And god forbid if they see someone making progress faster than them.

Then a young dude like themselves appears on youtube with a balantly autist but flashy personality and makes a video about "THE TRUTH" talking about roids, them proceeds to show them how he got ripped and big just by doing a fuckton of gear. For the people watching, for the people I described above, this dude is a messiah, because he told them EXACTLY what they wanted to hear. He doesn't just say they are fucking lazy, they don't wanna hear that, he just says what they wanna hear.

So they follow that dude like he is giving them money.
          0001Delta
          Heavyweight Member
          Last edited by 0001Delta; 05-13-2015, 10:46 PM.
          "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

This might make you feel a little better:

Who?
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

^ Agree.

I could possibly add more but I am sure others will go at it also.

Bro Science with Dom Mazzetti.Bro Science: 50% fact, 50% magic, 100% results.
              "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
              Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
              'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
              ~William Bernbach

Comment

His clients are mostly young

- he tells them what gear he recommends and a source to get it

- he is cheap, this is a biggie for young guys
                PAIN IS TEMPORARY, GREATNESS IS FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy24 View Post
                  His clients are mostly young

- he tells them what gear he recommends and a source to get it

- he is cheap, this is a biggie for young guys
                  If he is providing a source for his client's gear, he won't be around long. Terrible idea.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I've only seen a short video, but when he sticks his tongue out like a douchebag kid, I turned it off....
                    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

He's developed a kind of cult of personality by telling (some) people what they want to hear:

-There is an easier way (drugs, don't have to train hard, etc.)
                      -There is a secret that no one else is willing to tell you about.

Plus, there is a "sucker born every minute."

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                        This might make you feel a little better:

Who?
                        ^ this

Comment

Like Sammich, I've never heard of him either. Checked out youtube just now and knew from the thumbnails that the disdain for him in this thread would be more than justified. He looks, acts, and talks like the quintessential douche bodybuilder that gives the rest of us a bad name.

Comment

To me it is just irresponsible information for young kids, and yet just another prime example of the "90% of people under 25 are worthless" entitlement generation. No one wants to have guts, determination, pride, and work hard for something. "Give it to me now, and don't waste my time, because I deserve it, and I need to get back on my $600 iPhone that my parents paid for and check my Twitter following about how I quarter squatted 405 today in the gym." seems to be the new generation slogan. Pretty sad really. What I don't get is how he hasn't been arrested yet for all of the "evidence" that he puts on YouTube. I watched his video with Rich Piano (the one of them sitting in a bathhouse or something talking about how much gear he takes and when... holy crap, I just shook my head in disbelief. I hope they were going for the "shock and awe" effect, and that they were not serious, but I have a feeling that they are just insane.
                            "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

Skip

At 25 I know a lot of people who follow Bostin and the rest of the YouTube generation. I feel extremely fortunate that I have had great role models in the gym since day one. Guys who have been around for a long time and are well respected.

1) The younger generation listens to him because who puts it out there as if the bodybuilding community is lying to everyone so that nobody will make the same progress as them. He claims to know the "secret" and is willing to shed light on it. Also, he's stupidly open about gear use and recognizes that he is very extreme with it. And as in human nature, we want to see things that are extreme.

2) Because they don't know any better and will have a very rude awakening when they realize a gram of tren every few days is not the greatest idea.

I think the other thing that makes people drawn to him is seeing his transformation. It's no different than The Biggest Loser. Except he's using drugs and taking things to the extreme. Drugs are interesting to people and so are transformations. Plain and simple.

The real question is, should we care about his following and literally anything to do with him? Probably not.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                              *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                              •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                              *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X